MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Manually Edit Post Count
Board Message
Quick Quote
Edit User Avatars
phpBB2
vBulletin3
Golden Theme
Visions
Visions 2
CS1-Red
CS1-Green
CS1-Blue
Prevent Double Posting
Users Viewing This Thread

I have been waiting for them to become available for RC3 format since RC3 was released, but nothing yet. So im asking now, can you update some of these ones?? Most of them would just need a few tweaks, nothing much, but Id rather have the RC3 approved sign than the RC2 Smile

Also, most updates are silent. Can you please let us know which one you update in the Annoucement forum??

k776
Wow, you mean you use all of those? I'd better watch my bandwidth. :p

The following will be updated soon:
  • Manually Edit Post Count
  • Board Message
  • Golden Theme
  • Prevent Double Posting
  • Users Viewing This Thread

The following are being dropped (they won't be removed, but they will not be updated):
  • Edit User Avatars
  • phpBB 2 Theme
  • vBulletin 3 Theme

The following are not mine, so I cannot give any information on them:
  • Visions
  • Visions 2
  • CS1-Red
  • CS1-Green
  • CS1-Blue
  • Quick Quote

I don't make an announcement every time a mod is updated, as I would effectively be spamming my own forums. :p I'll generally make an announcement when I've finished updating all of my downloads, and maybe give updates from time to time.

I can't give you any estimation as to when my mods are likely to be updated, as I'm pressed for time at the moment. I'll post updates when I have a clearer picture.

Note: Most mods (but not all) will work on any version of myBB. Wink
musicalmidget Wrote:Wow, you mean you use all of those? I'd better watch my bandwidth. :p
Hehe, yes, I would like to have them. Your mods are really good. (and if you ever need space to stick pictures etc, I have a server I could put them on)

musicalmidget Wrote:The following will be updated soon:
  • Manually Edit Post Count
  • Board Message
  • Golden Theme
  • Prevent Double Posting
  • Users Viewing This Thread
Yippe, I cant wait Big Grin I go through the mods each day checking if they are updated *k776 is a mod freak, rofl *

musicalmidget Wrote:The following are being dropped (they won't be removed, but they will not be updated):
  • Edit User Avatars
  • phpBB 2 Theme
  • vBulletin 3 Theme
Hmm, I understand the 2 themes but why not "Edit User Avatars"?? It sounds like a good mod?? Maybe update it to RC3 then dont remove it?? (RC4 wont be out for a while)

musicalmidget Wrote:The following are not mine, so I cannot give any information on them:
  • Visions
  • Visions 2
  • CS1-Red
  • CS1-Green
  • CS1-Blue
  • Quick Quote
Ok, np. The themes can wait. I have wanted to ask this question though, what is "Quick Quote". I have an idea. Is it when you click a button next to the quick delete feature and it puts the message in the quick reply box instead of it loading the Reply page with the quote?? If it isn't, please tell me what it is, and also, make what I just said a mod??

musicalmidget Wrote:I don't make an announcement every time a mod is updated, as I would effectively be spamming my own forums. :p I'll generally make an announcement when I've finished updating all of my downloads, and maybe give updates from time to time.
Well, heres an idea. Start a thread in annoucements, titled: "Mods for RC3" or something, and everytime you make one for RC3, edit the post. That way, I can go there, check to see if the ones Im waiting for are updated by visiting one page, instead of loading all the pages, and wasting your bandwidth Smile

musicalmidget Wrote:I can't give you any estimation as to when my mods are likely to be updated, as I'm pressed for time at the moment. I'll post updates when I have a clearer picture.
Ok, np. As long as some get updated, thats fine with me Smile

musicalmidget Wrote:Note: Most mods (but not all) will work on any version of myBB. Wink
Like I said, Id rather have someone test it, and then have you brand it as RC3 on the download pages, then download one made for RC2. Smile Im very picky.

k776

Edit: You own a mod site, yet, you only use 3-4 mods on these forums. You test them then remove them, why?? It would be cool, like the themes forum, if you could create or use these forums to show people what they are downloading. Sometimes the descriptions arn't enough. Or post more pictures please Smile
I think he doesn't mod this site a lot is because only a few mods are needed for this site.
True, and also because it would require more bandwidth which he is trying to prevent from happening??

Still, it would be nice if there were more screenshots.

k776
There will be some new screenshots appearing soon. Wink

The mod to edit a users avatar has been dropped, because a similar feature was incorporated into myBB as of RC3, so it is no longer needed.

The quick reply mod is what you are thinking. It was created to be like the one on the Messenger Plus! forums.

I only install a handful of mods on this site because, as Ryan said, I only have use for a few of them. For example, it wouldn't make sense adding the links or downloads mod here, because the site uses my own download system, and has a links system built in also. Wink

Another thing to consider, is that I would have to reinstall all of those modifications whenever the code is updated, and as you know, I play with the code often. :p
Awesome, more screenies Smile I like to see mods before actually installing. Smile

Ok, so edit user avatar deleted from my list. Thanks for letting me know. Smile

Yeah, I cant wait for the quick reply mod Smile

And ok about the mods Smile

k776

Edit: Yeah, you updated these three Big Grin
* Manually Edit Post Count
* Board Message
* Prevent Double Posting

Thanks so much.
Ok, ok... i have been a bit lazy in updating RC 2 skins and releasing new skins... eh... punish me later..:p

I guess my lazy days are over... time to actually finish what i already started. I shall get the updated RC2 to RC3 skins out first since they have been started... as i mentioned earlier i also have a few new ones started.

Time to find that groove to pump out multiple skins...
YEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!
Yippie!
Wa-hoooo!

:$

Awesome, thanks 2$CoMpLiCaTeD$4u. I cant wait. I think your skin mods are cool. They modify the entire front page with images Big Grin

k776