MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why google won't index my forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2019-12-05, 08:58 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see anything that might be causing a problem.

Those special characters are a problem though, they are generating duplicate content for you.

Thank you for help.
How can I solve special characters, Š into S, Đ into DJ toa void all that mess?
Hmm ... What do you mean by this ?

"Also I added /forum/ in exclusions in AllInOne Seo WordPress Plugin, still nothing."

That's your problem right there.
(2019-12-05, 09:03 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm ... What do you mean by this ?

"Also I added /forum/ in exclusions in AllInOne Seo WordPress Plugin, still nothing."

That's your problem right there.
Umm, I don't think so, because here is what documentation for this field of exclusions says...

Exclude Pages

If you enter a comma separated list of Post or Page names in this field then All in One SEO Pack will not output any meta information whatsoever for that Page or Post.  The All in One SEO Pack box will still appear on the Edit Post/Page screen but whatever you enter will not be output to the source code of that Page or Post.  The Page or Post will still appear in the XML Sitemap if you are using All in One SEO Pack Pro to generate your XML Sitemap.

This means All in One SEO pack won't do anything to this page or sub-directory? - That's why I added it here, as I thought All in One SEO might be guilty.
no-index settings are something else, other than this settings we have.
Does webmaster tools recognise the forum sitemap ?
(2019-12-05, 09:10 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Does webmaster tools recognise the forum sitemap ?
Yes it finally does for some reason, I changed nothing, now it accepted sitemap.

And question about special characters was... Can I somehow change special characters to avoid duplicated pages in Google SEO plugin, or by .htaccess?
(2019-12-05, 09:11 PM)mll Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 09:10 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Does webmaster tools recognise the forum sitemap ?
Yes it finally does for some reason, I changed nothing, now it accepted sitemap.

And question about special characters was... Can I somehow change special characters to avoid duplicated pages in Google SEO plugin, or by .htaccess?

Sorry i don't have an answer regarding special characters, you can try asking advice in the Google SEO support thread.

When did you start this forum ? Looks to me like only days ago. If that's the case then it's normal that Google won't display your URLs immediately. It will after a few days / weeks.
(2019-12-05, 09:14 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 09:11 PM)mll Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry i don't have an answer regarding special characters, you can try asking advice in the Google SEO support thread.

When did you start this forum ? Looks to me like only days ago. If that's the case then it's normal that Google won't display your URLs immediately. It will after a few days / weeks.

I start all website less than month ago.
But, rich and on topic content got me indexed really fast.
In few days after WordPress I installed MyBB to and it did not get indexed in days, than I tried with phpBB and the result was the same.
Than my Final thought was that I don't have SEO plugin for faster indexing, returned to MyBB few days ago with SEO plugin.

While I do realize that it needs time to get indexed, for me it is interesting that my WordPress posts get indexed in no time, if I wrote post now, in hour or two Google alone catches url and index it, but forum won't even if I manual try doing it.

Can it be Google Bot realizes page is not from WordPress and is not prepared yet for indexing forum?
(2019-12-05, 09:22 PM)mll Wrote: [ -> ]Can it be Google Bot realises page is not from WordPress and is not prepared yet for indexing forum?

No, Wordpress, PhpBB or MyBB does not matter to search engines at all.

The issue is that the sub directory is new, and from my experience content never is immediately indexed. After a while you will notice Google will index your forum posts at the same rate as your Wordpress posts. Already Googlebot is active on your forum crawling out your threads.
Difficult to type from phone here.  Big Grin 
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it much, I hope it soon gets indexed.

Actually, you were right about All in One SEO, that settings were blocking user agents, I just discovered it, will update if I find something else.
(2019-12-05, 08:13 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]For this specific URL you have a problem: The canonical in the <head> section shows as:

<link rel="canonical" href="https://mllapan.com/forum/Tema-Uvjeti-Kori%C5%A1tenja" />

it should be:

<link rel="canonical" href="https://mllapan.com/forum/Tema-Uvjeti-Korištenja" />

These are 2 different URLs as far as Google is concerned.

No, it's the same URL, and it's supposed to look like that in the HTML source code, see URL-encoding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL-encoding

If you literally write special characters in the HTML source code, you are depending on HTTP transport and/or document encoding. Might work; might also not work.
Pages: 1 2 3