MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URL Host name update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
what the proper step too change a URL host name with out having the login trouble.
I tried but after i made the URL updates all i can only login too is my admin CP. i updated the Board URL , and the Homepage URL. and of course my server folder name.
when i switch it all back it works fine for my original URL..
I want to change the URL name.

Mybb Version is 1.8.21

I get this login message after i change the url..
login Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly?
Have you completely cleared your cache/cookies? Or hard refreshed your website and try again?
I thought i did i will try again.
I seem to get the authorization mismatch error from time to time and hard refresh usually solves it. Smile
(2019-12-12, 03:11 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to get the authorization mismatch error from time to time and hard refresh usually solves it. Smile
i cleared all the cookie in both web browsers FF and chrome and restarted the web server .
 still no login. just the admin CP.
I'm assuming you tried this, correct?
Also, make sure your cookie settings are correct.
If one's connecting IP keeps changing, that will prevent him from logging in, with showing the same error notice.
(2019-12-12, 02:07 AM)divewiz1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
what the proper step too change a URL host name with out having the login trouble.
I tried but after i made the URL updates all i can only login too is my admin CP. i updated the Board URL , and the Homepage URL. and of course my server folder name.
when i switch it all back it works fine for my original URL..
I want to change the URL name.

Mybb Version is 1.8.21

I get this login message after i change the url..
login Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly?
OK i solved it.. i change my Board URL , and the Homepage URL. and of course my server folder name.
 I also needed to change my Cookie Path to my new URL too  and that did it..
I used this link to solved my trouble i was having with logging in.:MyBB cookie settings
Thanks for all the replays you were all  very close.lol