MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I arrange character limits (POST and THREAD SEPARATELY)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I arrange character limits seperately?? Thank you for replies. (Not title)
I'm not sure I understand your question. There is no thread length limit in MyBB.
Do you want to have post limit variable depending on the forum or thread you're posting ?
(2019-12-12, 10:40 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I understand your question. There is no thread length limit in MyBB.
Do you want to have post limit variable depending on the forum or thread you're posting ?
Yes, I'm talking about the character limit within the thread and post. We can arrange this in Admin Panel but this is general. I want to set the character limit for the threads and posts separately.
Once again, there is no limit for a thread, unless you say "thread" when you want to say "first post of a thread".
If this is the good explanation, you actually can't do that but it may be possible to create a plugin for that.
The restriction is that the absolute limit will be the one setted in ACP (Maximum Message Length setting) so you'll have to choose which will be the longest (I guess it'll be the first post).