MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply is not displaying submitted post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title states, I'm having an issue in my forum where when the quick reply is submitted the user is not redirected but the post is being made. It's causing users to submit several times before giving up but their post is made every time they click submit. 

A couple notes:
  • This happens on both of my themes
  • I have ck editor, it's not the issue. I have tried with it disabled
  • I have made no changes to the templates, not sure why this started. Though I did notice it started with the most recent upgrade
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Sounds like a JavaScript error. Do you have such issue with MyBB's default theme/template?

Could you get a glance at the output in "Console" tab in your browsers developer mode (normally F12 will get it on screen).
This is what I'm getting on the quick reply button click:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
    at Function.parse [as parseJSON] (<anonymous>)
    at Object.Thread.quickReplyDone (thread-5767.html:1973)
    at Object.complete (thread-5767.html:1959)
    at u (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
    at Object.fireWith (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
    at k (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
    at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
Hi,

more than 3 jquery's in your forum's Head, Registration problems (it shows: /home3/XXXXXXX89/public_html/forum/inc/languages/english/user_avatar_gallery.lang.php does not exist when you finish the registration and activation email didn't arrive), etc. etc.

Can't check your problem, but you have more than one.
You're correct, there are some other errors occurring but the one that happens with the quick reply is specific to the one I posted.

Also, there is no activation email. You must be activated via admin. I had far too many spam accounts being activated so I changed it to where I had to approve users.
(2019-12-12, 02:19 PM)Robmeister89 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I'm getting on the quick reply button click:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
    at Function.parse [as parseJSON] (<anonymous>)
    at Object.Thread.quickReplyDone (thread-5767.html:1973)
    at Object.complete (thread-5767.html:1959)
    at u (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
    at Object.fireWith (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
    at k (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
    at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1813:2)
Which version of MyBB are you using? From the code you've posted, it's 1.8.13. If you're using a newer version of MyBB other than 1.8.13, maybe your theme/templates need updates.
I didn't catch that, I am on 1.8.21

How do I update a theme? Reinstall it?

I found the template and updated it, it was headerincluded but I'm still having issues and it says the correct version now.
What's the console output now? Could you confirm if it's working for you in the default MyBB theme?
The output to the console is the exact same thing, except now it says 1821 instead of 1813.

I don't have the default mybb theme anymore? I may have deleted it?
Create a new theme based on MyBB Master Style. To distinguish it from the board default, name it MyBB Default. Check to see it uses Default Templates template set.
Pages: 1 2