MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pull news from more than one forum...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment you can only pull news onto the portal from 1 forum, but i was wondering if someone could create a little mod that allows more than 1 forum to have the news pulled from.

eg; 2,23,24,25,27
I'll look into this as soon as I get chance. Smile
ok Thanks Smile
This modification is now available in the form of a short tutorial. Smile

http://www.mybbmods.com/tutorials.php?ac...iew&tid=10
I cannot find:
query = $db->query("SELECT p.pid FROM posts p LEFT JOIN threads t ON (t.tid=p.tid AND t.dateline=p.dateline) WHERE t.fid='$settings[portal_announcementsfid]' AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' ORDER BY t.dateline DESC LIMIT 0, $settings[portal_numannouncements]");
in portal.php
Are you using the very latest version of portal.php? I believe that this line was changed in the SP1 update. Wink
I think i updated, im not fully sure
This line may have changed in the SP1 release, although I can't be sure. Either way, it should look too different, and it should only be a few lines below this...

$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM forums WHERE fid='$settings[portal_announcementsfid]'");

...which may actually look like this if you have already started modifying the portal page code...

$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM forums WHERE fid IN ($settings[portal_announcementsfid])");