MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Activity Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post Activity plugin updated to MyBB 1.8. Base version was written by Saad T (King of Hearts).

Allow specified user groups access to the Post Activity page to see how many posts a user has made in each forum.

The latest version of this plugin can be downloaded from the MyBB website: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1322

This plugin allows certain user groups to see how many posts a user made in a specific forum. The /postactivity.php page (which is to be uploaded at the root of the forums) shows the number of posts made in a descending order.

I saw this had been requested in the past, with no updates for 1.8. I figured I would use it to, and so updated the plugin.

Released under the GNU General Public License. As with all GNU GPL software, this plugin and any derivatives developed from it are and shall always remain free.
Thank you for your contribution.

Tho I would not recommend anyone using this code as lacks proper permissions checks and has overall poor coding.
(2019-12-30, 04:51 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Tho I would not recommend anyone using this code as lacks proper permissions checks and has overall poor coding.

Intended to be as simple as possible. If I can make it a better plugin, I am open to suggestions.
(2019-12-30, 12:14 PM)Sawedoff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-30, 04:51 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Tho I would not recommend anyone using this code as lacks proper permissions checks and has overall poor coding.

Intended to be as simple as possible. If I can make it a better plugin, I am open to suggestions.

There's simplicity, and then there's your plugin not working at all in certain instances. What Omar means is that your group checking only checks for the primary group. If you take a look in ../inc/functions.php you'll see a function there that you can use to check both primary and additional groups. Overall, you should look to optimise your code by using MyBB's already-made functions and there's probably a few other things you could do as well, by practise makes perfect.
(2019-12-31, 04:48 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]There's simplicity, and then there's your plugin not working at all in certain instances. What Omar means is that your group checking only checks for the primary group. If you take a look in ../inc/functions.php you'll see a function there that you can use to check both primary and additional groups. Overall, you should look to optimise your code by using MyBB's already-made functions and there's probably a few other things you could do as well, by practise makes perfect.

Thank you! Gives me a place to start. I am all for optimizing and securing in any way I can.

I learn by doing and tinkering anyway.
Plugin has been updated:
-Fixes some conflicts with SQL.
-Additional tweaks and fixes specific to 1.8
-Special thanks to Darth-Apple from Makestation.net for the fixes.
Any screenshots?
(2020-03-28, 02:32 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Any screenshots?

Added a preview screenshot to the project: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1322

Thanks. Cool