MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Aeowulf Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: wolf.png]
Aeowulf is a community with a wide range of interests. The concentration of efforts in building the community is in the Gaming and Technologies sectors. We've already released game guides, game mods, and even a plugin for the MyBB Forum Software. This is just the beginning. That concentration doesn't mean that's all there is. We have sections for Sports, Entertainment, Lifestyle, and the catch-all General Discussion forums. Whatever it is, we're your new home.

The founder of Aeowulf has ran multiple forums over the last decade, but life came calling and the communities were never the same. Over the last couple of years, there's been a desire to start over and do it differently. Aeowulf is the result. Aeowulf is the central point for everything he does and will do. From creating game mods, tweaking software, or reviewing games and movies, it will all find a home at the Aeowulf forums. That diversity of options is extended to all members, and we hope to become your new home for everything you.

The diversity of options is why Aeowulf is different this time, and why it will remain. There is no more focus on a singular topic. As society changes, as Aeowulf changes, as the member-base changes... Aeowulf is flexible and will find a new home for those changes. For example: The member-base finds a massive common interest in basket weaving... a basket weaving section will be added. AI explodes and graphics are no longer needed to be made by humans... the graphics section will contract into a single forum. These are just examples, but show the way forward. The members will help shape the community, and the community will be stronger for it.

Approved; sorry for the delay and good luck.
Is this forum using the old ProTechModz database?
I check out and seems really nice, the dark pallet looks good and clean and even if looks apparently simple watching on the console it can be seen some good plugins for a better experience. The only weakness I see is that isnt fully responsive but it's comprehensible since the actual templates arent x.x

Also one thing that I notice was the urls generates cards so I figure you customize your seo
[Image: eXhJ91q.png]

What variable did you use for your og:description?
(2020-01-24, 03:08 AM)Mixy Wrote: [ -> ]I check out and seems really nice, the dark pallet looks good and clean and even if looks apparently simple watching on the console it can be seen some good plugins for a better experience. The only weakness I see is that isnt fully responsive but it's comprehensible since the actual templates arent x.x

Also one thing that I notice was the urls generates cards so I figure you customize your seo
[Image: eXhJ91q.png]

What variable did you use for your og:description?

I believe he is using a meta tag <meta name="description" content="??">
(2020-01-16, 04:46 AM)Max Payne Wrote: [ -> ]Is this forum using the old ProTechModz database?

Partly, yes.

(2020-01-24, 03:08 AM)Mixy Wrote: [ -> ]What variable did you use for your og:description?
Are you viewing the default Teal theme? I can't even recreate that. Not sure how you are doing it. Toungue

The theme is temporary until I can find a designer. Still looking for the right one.
Yup that's the teal one.
As far as I know Mybb doesn't generate metadata so, for example, if you share a link from the support forum (here) via discord:
[Image: MCHJbDW.png]
That's all, just the link.

But, if in your header write metadata with the og title, description, image, etc, then you can embed a card like this
[Image: 6uDKiO6.png]
That's when you write a default text on the description but I'm searching how to make it dinamic so it feats an excerpt from the first post. I've been searching and trying with different variables until i made the test with a link form your forum et voilá... the kind of card i'm searching for. Are you using the Google seo plugin? supposed with that and the variable {$thread['postpreview']} but nothing.
Interesting, thanks for that breakdown. Yes, I am using the Google SEO plugin.
have been a member,looks nice
Guardian is one of the most experienced webmasters I've seen across multiple forums. Working on large scale services and projects he can offer a lot of good to any forum. I registered Smile
Pages: 1 2