MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded to 1.8.22 & database is increasing in size in an unusual manner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded our closed forum to the mybb latest version. Since, the update yesterday our database size has increased considerably. With only two posts (as it was New year's Eve) our forum increased from 85 to 90mb overnight. 

Forum script has nothing to do with database, right? Then how is it even possible?! Its not like that we got a lot of activity in the forum. Traffic is at lowest due to holidays.
Forum script has everything to do with the database. The actions on the forum are recorded in the database. The forum retrieves this information for display.

Do you have access logs on your server? If so, you can see who's visiting and what pages the are visiting. See, there could be many things making your database increase in size quickly.

Is there a bot hitting your site a zillion times and each time they are recorded in your database? What about your sessions table, is it suddenly large? Do you have some sort of script that writes to the database, like a dynamic image that records viewer information?

There's no easy . . . oh, flip this switch and it will be fixed . . . remedy Smile
Okay, so I checked the logs. In AWstats and all. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Bandwidth, visits, bots etc are fine.

Although when I visited the bots page through AWstats didn't understand everything.

So, the urge the developers is there anything in the new versions mybb that is responsible for this?
this recent related topic might be helpful => 'mybb_sessions' in database is increasing rapidly ...
(2020-01-03, 02:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]this recent related topic might be helpful => 'mybb_sessions' in database is increasing rapidly ...

Yeah it is indeed similar to mine.