MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is Google Adsense worth it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all forum owners who use google adsense, or people with experience, is it worth adding? I understand it all typically depends on how much traffic your forum is bringing, but still share your opinions and thoughts on google adsense and mybb. 

Hopefully this topic is allowed in here!  Smile
I have not seen benefits of Google Adsense on WallBB. I tried it recently and I will see what happens in coming months. Depending on the result, I may remove it.

What about others ?
From what I've seen, because many people use adblockers these days or just generally tend to ignore ads, the more successful form of monetization I'm seeing now is using affiliate linking.
Google Adsense is the easiest way to create a revenue stream, provided you have a high traffic forum. I have been using it for several years.
(2020-01-03, 03:32 AM)_Jerry_ Wrote: [ -> ]Google Adsense is the easiest way to create a revenue stream, provided you have a high traffic forum. I have been using it for several years.

What would you consider high traffic, and what would you consider a good starting point to add Google AdSense to where it potentially is worth it?

By worth it, I mean running ads on the website and keeping the "ad-free" aspect out of it (excluding typical paid promotional and advertisement banners from users), as I tend to prefer keeping my platform ad-free, but if it can earn me a few dollars here and there, it might be worth adding. Sorry if it's a ball-park question, but its a few things I've been thinking about

Thanks for sharing everyone Smile
I am using Google AdSense for more then a decade. I think it is worth a try to catch some earnings. But do not depend on!
Investors are more reluctant today. So be aware these days, the profit is not that like 10 years ago where a professional website generated a second sallary Smile These times are over!

Of course AdBlockers are evil for your desire - but someone using blockers is not the target group for ads - so forget about these users. They do not generate sales anyway!
The only aim is a newbie or a rookies. They do not block, they do click ads, they are well enough out there Smile So you may take the chance.

Trying AdSense, there is nothing to loose (but your personal profiling - keep in mind it's Google!) - hopefully you'll win a coffee... or two... or much more. That's depending on traffic, backlinks and reputation of your website - no matter whether it is a website, blog or MyBB forum.

As already mentioned above, there are a lot of providers for affiliate ad services... so based on views/clicks or based on sales of products (via redirects).

My piece of advice to keep in mind:
Most visitors do not like a bunch of ads and banners. So do never degrade your website with excessive ads. Ads always are second/third-rate thinking. Still concentrate on content to keep your reputation for growing Smile

[ExiTuS]
(2020-01-04, 12:45 AM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]My piece of advice to keep in mind:
Most visitors do not like a bunch of ads and banners. So do never degrade your website with excessive ads. Ads always are second/third-rate thinking. Still concentrate on content to keep your reputation for growing Smile

[ExiTuS]

Yeah, I also took them off because Google's new Auto-ads are horrendous. They take up most of the screen on a desktop monitor and make the site look like one big ad. What happened to simple banner ads?
(2020-01-04, 12:45 AM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Google AdSense for more then a decade. I think it is worth a try to catch some earnings. But do not depend on!
Investors are more reluctant today. So be aware these days, the profit is not that like 10 years ago where a professional website generated a second sallary Smile These times are over!

Of course AdBlockers are evil for your desire - but someone using blockers is not the target group for ads - so forget about these users. They do not generate sales anyway!
The only aim is a newbie or a rookies TalkToWendys. They do not block, they do click ads, they are well enough out there Smile So you may take the chance.

Trying AdSense, there is nothing to loose (but your personal profiling - keep in mind it's Google!) - hopefully you'll win a coffee... or two... or much more. That's depending on traffic, backlinks and reputation of your website - no matter whether it is a website, blog or MyBB forum.

As already mentioned above, there are a lot of providers for affiliate ad services... so based on views/clicks or based on sales of products (via redirects).

My piece of advice to keep in mind:

[ExiTuS]

You'll need to be careful so as not to affect your users' experience and lose access because of the number of ads that appear on your page.
adsense is the company that pays the most to advertise and always has the best advertisers, it is a matter of strategy and traffic. In the English-speaking forums, the cpm is quite high, I recommend that you find a monetization expert. It seems silly that position and ad type can influence earnings, but it's true. With one of my projects I tried different types and in different positions and in the end I almost doubled my income with the same amount of traffic.
AdSense removed ad restrictions, the number of ads per page.

Here is some additional information: you can get paid for
page views and clicks.

It is all super simple. It does not take Any effort or expertise.

Will you make 💰 money, and how much?

Yes, you can make aot of money, some mybb sites make hundreds, per day.

You need to have a certain number of visitors minimum,

If you get 100 to 200 visits a day, you can make 0.33 to .50 cents

If you get 1000 visits you can make 10 bucks

Get 10000 visits make 100 bucks a day