MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disapearing threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my admin account, on my site I'm having threads 'disapear.' I investigated it and I think I found the problem, but I don't know the solution. The problem seems to be that when I go into a forum, I'm automatically set to "From: Today" and older threads don't appear. So I click on "From the Beginning" and "Go" and all the threads show up. But, when I leave that forum and go back, it's back to "From: Today." All of my forums are like that. I must have somehow set that as a default for my admin account. My usuer account doesn't have that issue.
How do I set all my forums to "From the Beginning" default?
Thank you.
You need to change the settings in that forum:

ACP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Select the forum -> Edit Forum Settings -> Default Date Cut

Change the Default Date Cut setting to your preference.
(2020-01-02, 02:41 PM)Sawedoff Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change the settings in that forum:

ACP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Select the forum -> Edit Forum Settings -> Default Date Cut

Change the Default Date Cut setting to your preference.

Thank you. The instructions were very clear. And I believe I followed them to the letter.
That should have worked, but it did not.
1. I did exactly as you suggested. I changed the default date cut on every forum to "the beginning." But when I go back to the forums themselves, they are still in "From Today."
2. I went back to each forum setting and verified that the default is still set to "the Beginning."
3. I did a hard refresh: ctrl+f5 and I'm still having the same problem.
4. I logged out and logged back in, and I'm still having the same problem. All the forums are set to "The Beginning" default, but every time I go to any of the forums, it's set to "From Today."
5. I triple checked the forum default settings. I went to a forum itself and changed "From Today" hit 'go' and all the threads came up. I exited the forum, and when I went back to the forum, it was returned to "From Today."
If I'm doing something wrong, let me know.
Thank you for your time.
Might be a user set preference then:

Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread View

That dropdown allows you to set it for the user.

If that still doesn't work, I'm unsure, but you can send me your forum URL and I can poke around.
(2020-01-02, 03:34 PM)Sawedoff Wrote: [ -> ]Might be a user set preference then:

Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread View

That dropdown allows you to set it for the user.

If that still doesn't work, I'm unsure, but you can send me your forum URL and I can poke around.

That worked. Thank you for the extra effort. Much appreciated.
(2020-01-02, 05:17 PM)Edward Gestalt Wrote: [ -> ]That worked. Thank you for the extra effort. Much appreciated.

Just glad you got it working! Always hate when the little things hold you up!