MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Un-install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From what I understand, when I upgrade to RC4 the mods have a 80% chance they wont work.

So I was wondering, before upgrading, how do I go about uninstalling them?? I notice no uninstall scripts is in the packs. They shouldn't be too hard to make, should they??

I really want all database stuff to do with the mods deleted. I'll delete all the files of my server manually (images, php files), so that nothing is left but the forum software (however, some links to the mods will still be there but they will be overwritten in the new version I guess??)

So, if it is not too much trouble, could you make, or give me permission to alter the scripts you give out so that I can delete the stuff??

(just turn it from insert to delete, yes??)
Just a tip, when i alter line of PHP when i add a mod i actually just add // in front of the line so if anything goes wrong i can just get rid of the edited line and remove // and for me i just use that method to un-install my mods, but with MySQL then i suppose changing INSERT to DELETE would be the best option Big Grin
At the moment you just have to manually remove or change modified sections of code, and manually remove database tables and columns to uninstall a mod.

I suppose that uninstallers could be written, but I'll have to think about this. Afterall, it will be mean more work to do before releasing new mods, especially larger ones. I'm also not sure how often such a script would be needed. There isn't really any need to uninstall a mod before an upgrade, as most can easily be added again, and those with database changes have an upgrade script shortly after the new release.

I'll think about this for the future.