MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bump Thread link to Discord Webhooks Plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I was wondering if it would be possible to link the plugins - Discord Webhooks for MyBB and D Bump Thread so as that when a thread is 'Bumped', it feeds to Discord?

I run an RPG, so being able to bump threads that got forgotten, and having that bump echo into an appropriate channel of our Discord would be extremely useful!

Thank you for your time!
It should be achievable, yes. There would seem it is no as _easy_ within the code though (function helpers, etc).
The D Bump Thread plugin changes one timestamp in the threads entity. So, theoretically, I can use the hook: 'datahandler_post_insert_thread' for this, but I don't know how the Discord plugin actually works.
Hi @Salvation!

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm a 100% code n00b so I have no idea what you said xD

Also, re the Bump Plugin, it seems that spiders are somehow bumping things. Is there a way to prevent this? We're getting spammed with 'bumps' of topics as far back as 2012 XD
The Spiders cannot bump the thread, because this feature is available for logged users - authors and admins - only. And the plugin does not check when the thread has been created, so 'bumping' is available for all threads on your forum.
Hello Salvation!

Unfortunately, something is *definitely* bumping threads that is not my co-admin or myself and - as you'll see from our list - not the original author. All of these threads were started by either an account that hasn't logged in since 2013, or an account that has since been deleted. We also have an addon that shows who has viewed a thread, and for example, 'Cold Oil, Hot Words' has only been viewed by myself.

We had to deactivate the bump addon, as we were getting swamped with ancient threads (anything without a prefix is older than 2014).

[Image: a572fb8c13b851cf18d4718926883836.png]
[Image: b2e9eb7f98b86a639d0a654acd1f1e93.png]

I'm not sure why the addon isn't working as intended for us; do you have any ideas?
@ThistleProse

Please describe this bug here: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...r&pid=1318
I'll try to replicate this issue, but the plugin was tested on a few forums and users didn't report something like that.