MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL ERROR 1114
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am getting this error on Chrome and IE but Firefox seems ok??

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1114 - The table 'mybb_sessions' is fullQuery:REPLACE INTO mybb_sessions SET uid=0,sid='9fb1bb5e8e4cdf6609cdb4f94d8e905b',time=1578329102,ip=X'3249a103',location='/portal.php?',useragent='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.88 Safari/537.36',location1=0,location2=0,nopermission=0

Anyone know how I can fix this? 

Just upgraded to 1.8.22
Do you have activated the daily cleanup on ACP > Task Manager??

It deletes the sessions which are older than one day.
(2020-01-06, 05:09 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have activated the daily cleanup on ACP > Task Manager??

It is activated but it fixed the problem as soon as I forced it to run.

I feel like it is just going to fill up again before it runs...any way to fix?
(2020-01-06, 05:16 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-06, 05:09 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have activated the daily cleanup on ACP > Task Manager??

Edit this task to run more frequently if one execution per day is not enough, before a fix will be issued from MyBB.

By the way, if your forum's custom theme lacks of the {$task_image} code, which won't let the task be executed automatically, please re-add it in the footer template:
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
(2020-01-06, 05:40 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-06, 05:16 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]

Edit this task to run more frequently if one execution per day is not enough, before a fix will be issued from MyBB.

By the way, if your forum's custom theme lacks of the {$task_image} code, which won't let the task be executed automatically, please re-add it in the footer template:
[code[<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->[/code]
Task image is good...

Is there a way I can monitor the table to see how fast it is filling up?
This could be a good solution for you to keep sessions table small => https://community.mybb.com/thread-225918...pid1341049
I created the new clean up task as instructed and everything was fine since the OP but I am back to getting SQL Errors again this morning!  Should I add more task runs or what is the best way to keep from having SQL errors?
(2020-01-25, 04:27 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I created the new clean up task as instructed and everything was fine since the OP but I am back to getting SQL Errors again this morning!  Should I add more task runs or what is the best way to keep from having SQL errors?

I don't know what exactly your problem is but since SvePu referred to my thread so I will tell you this that I didn't get any error message from mysql. Its just that my database started becoming large by every hour so I added the task to get rid of the mybb_sessions.

Since, my problem got solved as it is set to delete sessions which are not alive since the last 3 hours. You should lower the time frame here maybe one hour or so. Then again there will be some drawback as you can see in my thread.

And also how large is your database?
I guess that maybe most of the accesses to your forum is from spiders/bots who will not try to make requests to the task.php which is called as an image. You may monitor that at AdminCP's task log page to see if relevant tasks are executed in time.

If this is your case, maybe you could create a cron job on your server either by manually adding a cron job or through panels if you have any, or through online cron service to making periodical accesses, to that PHP file or URL.

For cron on local server, you need to call php to run the task.php file locally and periodically.
As an example, I have MyBB installed on a Linux box. I have following entry in /etc/cron.d/webcron:
*/2 * * * * root bash /var/www/example_com/cron/community_example.task 2>&1 | logger -t WebCRON
This job will run a custom shell script that will call php every 2 minutes. And the /var/www/example_com/cron/community_example.task file contains:
#!/bin/bash

PHP_EXEC="$(which php)"
PHP_SCRIPT="/var/www/example_com/htdocs/community_example_com/task.php"
PHP_ARGS=""

if [ -f ${PHP_SCRIPT} ]; then
        ${PHP_EXEC} -f ${PHP_SCRIPT}
        echo "CRON[community_example.task] executed: \`${PHP_SCRIPT}\`."

else
        echo "CRON[community_example.task] error: file \`${PHP_SCRIPT}\` not found."
fi

For simplicity, add following as a cron job entry (replace the real path to MyBB in your server):
*/2 * * * * root php /var/www/example_com/htdocs/community_example_com/task.php 2>&1

For online cron service, you could add cron job for accessing http(s)://your_forum_url/task.php.
The task I created is running every three hours but it must still be filling up in the time limit.  I opened my forum to the SQL error again this morning!

This didn't start until I updated to 1.8.22!  Hopefully the next update fixes this issue...
Pages: 1 2