MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP Activity Affecting Account's Last Active Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed there is an issue with my Admin CP where even if I don't refresh the actual forums, anytime I browse the Admin CP (only) will change my "last active" time to the latest. Is this a glitch? My other installations do not have this problem. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want anyone knowing that I'm active at the moment.
Bump.
Quote:... My other installations do not have this problem
are you using same version of MyBB & same set of plugins at all the installations ?
Quote:I don't want anyone knowing that I'm active at the moment
simple solution can be to use invisible mode !
Yes, same versions. I just upgraded to the latest. I used File Verification and found nothing unusual. Only /inc/functions.php and /inc/functions_indicators.php were modified in the results, but that's because I manually set forum time to absolute time.

I don't want to use invisible mode, since I want my presence to be known. It's just that anytime I click inside Admin CP, my account moves to the top of the online list. That wasn't an issue with my other installs. I just want to know why that is happening, and where to check.
^ if you are not logged into front end and if you login directly to admin panel then
IIRC, last active is not set to update for the front end. (can't check practically right now) ..
(2020-01-09, 03:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if you are not logged into front end and if you login directly to admin panel then
IIRC, last active is not set to update for the front end. (can't check practically right now) ..
I can confirm that the statement is correct. I did not notice this happening when my account was logged out publicly.

However, on my other installs, regardless of my visibility in public, it didn't "advance to the top" of the online list with Admin CP activity. It's strange behavior. By the way, I installed it as 1.8.21 using Softaculous, but my other install that works was also via Softaculous (back when 1.8.7 was the latest).
Are you using the default ACP theme? Does the same happen when all plugins are deactivated (Disable All Plugins in Configuration → Settings → General Configuration)?

What is displayed in Status (profile) / Location (Who's Online list) when that happens?
Yes, using default theme. Correct about the "soft disable".

It just refreshes the same last forum action. Only the time of me being online changes.