MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem install MyBB Darkness Theme From Whiteneo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello

i need help for install mybb drakness theme correctly
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1066

i decompressed archive
i put all files of the "jscripts" folder into my forum folder jscripts
i put all files of the images/mybbdarkness into my forum in "images " folder
i upload file "MyBB-Darkness-theme.xml" into my control panel admin

and when i switch to the mybb darkness theme , I have this result
https://imgur.com/SXzLy1u

help me please 
(2020-01-07, 12:20 AM)spleen682 Wrote: [ -> ]hello

i need help for install mybb drakness theme correctly
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1066

i decompressed archive
i put all files of the "jscripts" folder into my forum folder jscripts
i put all files of the images/mybbdarkness into my forum in "images " folder
i upload file "MyBB-Darkness-theme.xml" into my control panel admin

and when i switch to the mybb darkness theme , I have this result
https://imgur.com/SXzLy1u

help me please 

By your inage it looks like fontawesome library is not loaded ie: upload(yourforumroot)/images/mybbdarkness/font-awesome

As with that library included your image should look like so:

[Image: Screenshot-20200106-165806-Firefox.jpg]
completetly mybbdarkness folder has upload into my foum folder with /font-awesome include

same result Sad
(2020-01-07, 01:10 AM)spleen682 Wrote: [ -> ]completetly mybbdarkness folder has upload into my foum folder with /font-awesome include

same result Sad

then perhaps the extracted files are corrupted or you modified the headerinclude library call because your image clearly shows that fontawesome is not loaded

As you can see in headerinclude the library is called to load here:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$theme['imgdir']}/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" />

and must not be modified as it is looking for correct defined file upload location

And since it is looking for the font-awesome directory and these are required so if any are missing or corrupted you may run into the issue you have in your picture

[Image: Screenshot-20200106-173142-Solid-Explorer-Classic.jpg]

Also note, I just installed it fine by putting files correctly and then recreated your issue by installing but intentionally misplacing fontawesome files, so again it is fairly clear what the issue is...

Just saying...
I just reloaded the theme , extracted and upload the font-awesome files again on my localhost
I didn't change anything headerinclude, I don't know where it is

where can i find this line please ?

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$theme['imgdir']}/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" />
(2020-01-07, 01:50 AM)spleen682 Wrote: [ -> ]I just reloaded the theme , extracted and upload the font-awesome files again on my localhost
I didn't change anything headerinclude, I don't know where it is

where can i find this line please ?

In headerinclude template, also when you uploaded did you upload and overwrite the files with the same extracted files? I ask this because if it was the extraction that corrupted or partialed a file, the best bet is re-extract the zip and then overwrite the forum files with new theme files. I have had this happen before on other zip where say one file on the zip only has say half the content thus why I mentioned it as one possibility.  Like I said I did not run into this problem installing the pkg found on mods site with correct file placement, but perhaps that is your issue or perhaps you have file permission issues, but it really does sound like the library is not loading and like I said the only way how I recreated that issue is by intentionally misplacing the library files so as the headerinclude could not find them or changing headerinclude call to intentionally look for nonexistant source

Note: if you still cannot get this sorted you could simply use another tactic since this theme uses fontawesome 4.7  you can comment out the headerinclude call and then perrhaps review here https://community.mybb.com/thread-225955...pid1341248 and review full instructions here then download plugin at same here https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1259  because in theoey this willy bypass existing library and install a fresh library with icons managed straight from forum settings, just another option if you cant figure out a solution beyond what I have already provided.
what is the exact destination directory to upload to my localhost for the font-awesome folder please?
because I think he’s out of place,

currently in:
www \ forummybb \ images \ mybbdarkness \ font-awesome

is it in the right place?
(2020-01-07, 10:20 AM)spleen682 Wrote: [ -> ]what is the exact destination directory to upload to my localhost for the font-awesome folder please?
because I think he’s out of place,

currently in:
www \ forummybb \ images \ mybbdarkness \ font-awesome

is it in the right place?

Yes, also did you check in your theme settings that the theme directory path (image path) is correct and unchanged? As I am just listing any of the possible situations that would cause fa library to not load. Also are you sure your file permissions are all correct?  Also seeing a site link to view your site in question is usually helpful and does tend to save often limited time. Also, if you cannot still manage to figure this out and wish to bypass it alltogether I did provide another solution in my previous response that is worth considering.

* I clarify yet again that I also stated this theme installed perfectly fine twice for me as is by ignoring version compatability since it is not up to date and I was only able to recreate your issue by removing fa library files from correct locations or modifying the headerinclude call or modifying the theme directory path in theme settings,
Verify the font-awesome css loads by viewing page source and clicking the link similar to
<link rel="stylesheet" href=" your local source path may be different but ends with mybbdarkness/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css">
If the result calls up a page of code with attribution to Font Awesome in the commented section, then your connection to the fontawesome script is good. It is likely that the fonts are in the right place as well.

Then, look down further in the page source to see header elements. You should see a code specifying the icon for settings and a number of other header elements in this similar style: <i class="fa fa-globe">&nbsp;</i>
This step verifies the theme itself is installed with templates intact.

If you are still having problems displaying pages correctly, you should provide a url so others can review.

Oops, I see you are localhost. URL not easy to connect to from remote.

Headerinclude is a template in Ungrouped Templates in the mydarkness theme set.
@OP: If you are having trouble with font-awesome, follow the simple steps in this tutorial I wrote long time ago.
https://wallbb.co.uk/alternative-icons-f...t-awesome/
Pages: 1 2