MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: maximum allowed webspace for uploading attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the maximum allowed webspace for uploading attachments host related or can I change it in the forum?
At this moment 1mb
For PHP settings on upload size, you may check following directives' values at AdminCP > Tools & Maintenance > View PHP Info.
On how to change them: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2184...-file-size
Whether or not you can change a PHP directive's value, you may ask your hosting provider for help.

For various upload size limits for different types of attachments, view current limits or change them at AdminCP > Configuration > Attachment Types.
I contact my host and they say the maximum allowed space (not the upload size from the image, but the totaly space of all imgaes) of all attachments is not host related.

Please help me.
Oh, then sorry I don't quite follow you. Well, where did you spot the "1mb" of the "maximum allowed webspace for uploading attachments"?
Usually you can modify these limits in php.ini using the variables upload_max_filesize & post_max_size.
Google it and you will find complete information Smile
and where do i find this php.ini file as is is not host related.[attachment=42452]

When I look at system health in the admin section I read Max Upload / POST Size
32M / 32M

So there must be another place where I can change it.
When i go to attachment type for .jpg and .jpeg I read 1.95 MB, so this is also not the configuration.

solved it is a usersgroup setting
(2020-01-08, 12:15 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]and where do i find this php.ini file as is is not host related.

The highlighted "approximate bandwidth usage" is a bandwidth usage, it's not a realistic value but depends on the size of attachments and forum access statistics.

(2020-01-08, 12:15 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]When I look at system health in the admin section I read Max Upload / POST Size
32M / 32M
It's the directives that PHP controls for uploading file sizes. See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2184...-file-size for how to modify them.
(2020-01-08, 12:15 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]So there must be another place where I can change it.
When i go to attachment type for .jpg and .jpeg I read 1.95 MB, so this is also not the configuration.
They are the various size limits for different types of attachments.
(2020-01-08, 12:15 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]solved it is a usersgroup setting
Yes, each usergroup has its own attachment size limit.