MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is pre-approving posts and members joining an option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI, I'm new at this so bear with me. I would like to know if there is an option to approve new members when they're signing up for my forum? I am running version 1.8. If there is anything I'm supposed to post about, please let me know. Thanks
Yes. There is a setting in 1.8.21's ACP / Configuration / Login and Registration Options that allows you to select Instant Registration.

There's more settings that need to be in place, though. Spam bots will get past the filters and spammer barriers, requiring moderation. Perhaps the defenses have improved from earlier days and someone else can share their settings and experience. My board is pretty much locked down to Activation only.
(2020-01-08, 11:36 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. There is a setting in 1.8.21's ACP / Configuration / Login and Registration OptionsĀ  that allows you to select Instant Registration.

There's more settings that need to be in place, though. Spam bots will get past the filters and spammer barriers, requiring moderation. Perhaps the defenses have improved from earlier days and someone else can share their settings and experience. My board is pretty much locked down to Activation only.
I will do that thanks.