MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I make this sidebar layout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, hello!

[Image: vjqDZWn.jpg]

I'd like to give my theme more or less the same look as in the screenshot but I'm not sure about how to create the sidebar itself? I'd like to have the top bar above it as well where the search bar is but yeah I'm not entirely sure how to get it done.

Can anyone lend a hand to an amateur/aspiring front end dev?

I'm starting from scratch with the original/default MyBB theme if that matters at all.

Thanks to Anyone who will/can help!!  Toungue
basically there are two methods to add sidebar content.
1. most preferred method is to use a sidebar plugin - like advanced side box [link]
2. manual coding [example code]
(2020-01-09, 04:47 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically there are two methods to add sidebar content.
1. most preferred method is to use a sidebar plugin - like advanced side box [link]

Well, that doesn't specifically answer my question. The example I showed isn't a regular sidebar like those you suggested as it's on its own block entirely and forced to the left which is what I'm aiming to achieve, but, I guess I'll just have to tinker around until I get it figured out on my own.

Thanks anyway though.

Update:

So I ended up figuring out how to do it, now, I just need assistance with getting the sidebar to stretch to the footer no matter what the length of the page is, can anyone steer me in the right direction?

[Image: Iu7qYLp.jpg]
(2020-01-09, 08:10 PM)deserts Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-09, 04:47 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically there are two methods to add sidebar content.

Well, that doesn't specifically answer my question. The example I showed isn't a regular sidebar like those you suggested as it's on its own block entirely and forced to the left which is what I'm aiming to achieve, but, I guess I'll just have to tinker around until I get it figured out on my own.

Thanks anyway though.

Update:

So I ended up figuring out how to do it, now, I just need assistance with getting the sidebar to stretch to the footer no matter what the length of the page is, can anyone steer me in the right direction?

[Image: Iu7qYLp.jpg]

Anyone? o:
obviously your sidebar related code [table or div] should start at header template & end in footer template.

[this post might be of little help]

for separation / styling, you can use borders ...
(2020-01-12, 03:13 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]obviously your sidebar related code [table or div] should start at header template & end in footer template.

[this post might be of little help]

for separation / styling, you can use borders ...

Could’ve done without the attitude but sure buddy, I’ll let you know how it goes.