MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My sites gone weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok, everything on my site is the way it should be except the shoutbox. Any ideas why its not working?? Will there be a new release soon??

k776
You have to reinstall the shoutbox as files were replaced by new ones. If it doesn't work afterwards you'll have to wait for an update of the shoutbox by the creator.
ok, thanks, works now. One more question, the portal, I can't seem to find a link, so Im going to put it next to :

Welcome back, Kieran. You last visited: Today, 12:27 pm
View New Posts | View Today's Posts | Portal | Private Messages (New 0, Unread 0, Total 0)

Where is the file to do that??

k776
I can't guarentee the compatibilty of the shoutbox untill I have time to test it with RC3 and fix any bugs which may arise. You'll have to keep an eye on myBB Mods for any update. Wink
it works perfectly fine Musicalmisget, I have not found any bug, see my above post though (we posted at same time)

k776
Oh ok.

Thinking about it, the only reason it didn't work before was because the templates hadn't been re-added. The shoubox.php shouldn't have been overwritten. If you know it works, I'll put it further down my list. Toungue

To add links to the member block, you need to edit the template called "header_welcomeblock_member". Smile
For adding the portal in the welcomeblock: Admincp --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> Expand Default templates --> header_welcomeblock_member and replace it with this:

<strong>Welcome back, $mybbuser[username].</strong> You last visited: $lastvisit<br />
<a href="search.php?action=getnew">View New Posts</a> | <a href="search.php?action=getdaily">View Today's Posts</a> | <a href="portal.php">Portal</a> | <a href="private.php">Private Messages</a> (New $mybbuser[pms_new], Unread $mybbuser[pms_unread], Total $mybbuser[pms_total])

Is there a way to add links to the top header? next to "Home" or so?
Yip, it works fine, have a look: http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/Forum/index.php

Thanks for the template trick. You sure know your way around the software (after all, you are a developer Smile )

And another question, � Next Oldest | Next Newest �, how do I change it to << Next Oldest | Next Newest >> ???

k776

change the template "showthread" (under Show Thread Expand), search for
<td align="right"><b><span class="smalltext">� <a href="showthread.php?tid=$tid&action=nextoldest">Next Oldest</a> | <a href="showthread.php?tid=$tid&action=nextnewest">Next Newest</a> �</span></b></td>
and change it too
<td align="right"><b><span class="smalltext"><< <a href="showthread.php?tid=$tid&action=nextoldest">Next Oldest</a> | <a href="showthread.php?tid=$tid&action=nextnewest">Next Newest</a> >></span></b></td>
great, thanks so much. My forums are now all set. I can think about adding stuff from myBBmods now. Ill message again if I need help.

k776

Edit: Is there a option in RC3 to prevent multiple postings?? Cause if there isn't, then it would be nice. (I noticed it was a mod)
Pages: 1 2 3 4