MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use my old database into my new hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, im here to get your support, how to use my database into new hosting.
We need more info.

What stage are you at? Is your new hosting set up? Do you still have access to your old hosting? If not, do you have a database backup? If you do have a database backup where did you take it from? I.e cPanel etc.
(2020-01-12, 03:31 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]We need more info.

What stage are you at? Is your new hosting set up? Do you still have access to your old hosting? If not, do you have a database backup? If you do have a database backup where did you take it from? I.e cPanel etc.
When i importing my database in my new hosting, the login credentials is not working, it say's invalid password
^ if you are referring to user password for the database then you can change user password
for the database. it should be available through database management at the webhost panel

or create a new database , add a new user , grant all the privileges for the user & import
(2020-01-16, 06:14 AM)vonmhel1995 Wrote: [ -> ]When i importing my database in my new hosting, the login credentials is not working, it say's invalid password
If you're importing an old database to new hosting disconnected from your previous one, and you don't know the old password, then I believe you would need to change the password on the previous hosting, re-export the database, and import it to your new hosting again - now with the password you set.