MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't register (Flatty)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've just installed the latest Version of MyBB - http://classichabbox.com/forum

Users are not able to register:

[Image: unknown.png]

It show's red for Username, but doesn't give a reason why. Same with the email address.

I can manually add Users in the Admin Panel, and this gives no errors.

Is it the theme? or MyBB Specifically?

Thanks.
Have you tested this on the default MyBB theme?
(2020-01-12, 04:40 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tested this on the default MyBB theme?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for replying! Didn't even think of doing this! Yes I can register no problem with the default theme. So it must specifically be the Flatty theme, would I seek support on this forum regarding this, or would I have to contact the Developer?

Thanks.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=617
Hello,
that sure is an odd issue. Are you running the newest version of MyBB? Any modified core files?
Try reverting the member_register templates to default. (ACP > Themes & Templates > Templates > Flatty > Member templates)
(2020-01-12, 06:32 PM)mTurtle_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
that sure is an odd issue. Are you running the newest version of MyBB? Any modified core files?
Try reverting the member_register templates to default. (ACP > Themes & Templates > Templates > Flatty > Member templates)
Hi mTurtle, Yes the Latest Build of MyBB is running. Nothing has been modified, no plugins running. Reverted the templates to default, and unfortunately the issue still persists.
(2020-01-13, 01:05 PM)UnityX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-12, 06:32 PM)mTurtle_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Hi mTurtle, Yes the Latest Build of MyBB is running. Nothing has been modified, no plugins running. Reverted the templates to default, and unfortunately the issue still persists.
Any errors in the browser console?
Seeing as it's an on-page error and it's a theme related issue, I have a feeling it's your headerinclude. Try checking you have the updated scripts by comparing the template to MyBB's stock template. If not, post the template here and hopefully someone can take a look.
3 letter username; since there is a red box on the username, could it be Minimum Username Length?

Admin > Configuration > Board Settings ยป Login and Registration Options

I can't remember what it is by default but could be your issue
For me it works...
[attachment=42466] [attachment=42467]