MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Old Mods and RC4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will mods currently available will work with RC4? Or they need to be updated?
Im sure the mods will be updated eventually. But im fairly sure the mods will not be compatiable with RC-4 because of the recent changes... one being the inclusion of the language engine.

If i find out any more... i shall pass the info along. Wink
This really depends on which mods you're talking about. However, if you aren't using database table prefixes and are running an english forum, the chances are most mods will probably work, although I can't say anything for certain. I recommend you only attempt to use mods that haven't been updated, if you know exactly what you are doing.

Basically, here is my plan of what to do starting this weekend, in order of priority.
  • Upgrade these forums to RC4.
  • Upgrade all (my) themes for RC4.
  • Upgrade (my) tutorials and modifications for RC4.
  • Rest. :p
Ok... i stand corrected. My apologies. But there you have your answer from the boss man himself. Wink

** Make that corrected twice.. i got caught slipping with the post in the wrong place. I believe im going to go find a corner and clear my head. lol
You weren't wrong though. :p

I can only see RC3 mods running problem free under specific circumstances. Anyone making use of some of myBB's new features may encounter problems. :s

Anyhow, something I missed off my last post. My aim is to have the site upgraded by tomorrow, themes upgraded by Sunday, and mod upgrades starting on Monday...what a week... :p
Ok then.. i wasnt really sure anyway.. but i took a stab in the dark. Just as long as the member got the right info in the end... all is good. Big Grin

And yes you go seem to have your hands full. Hope the upgrade goes well. I have already been playing with my RC-4. I got things about where i want them to start conversion as well. Kinda laied off RC-3 in waiting for the Lang system in RC-4. That is a fairly major template upgrade. lol
2$CoMpLiCaTeD$4u, you got some theme building too you know Toungue

I want visions 1 and 2 and CS1-Red/Green/Blue

All for my site.
LOL... believe it or not... your not the only one who has said that to me. I mainly laied off RC-3 because of the lang. system being put into RC-4. Why port to something that will not be the same in alot of ways come next version...

Now that RC-4 is here and it looks like.... dont quote me tho... most of the heavy editing is over with. Again tho.. you never know what MM and Chris have in store or planned.

On top of porting those... i also started two new ones. Also thinking about pulling off a Mac Aqua theme as well. May have to poll that...

In a nutshell.... yes they are being ported to RC-4. Toungue