MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Giant Stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And I do mean giant stars. As big as my avatar.
I got up this morning and found giant stars on my site. Y'know, like the two stars under my name above. Or the seven stars under my site administrator. It's on all my themes, but only on firefox and my phone (android). Not on Chrome or my tablet. Can you tell me what's up?
My site: https://theprosestylist.net
Because the stars were taking up so much room, I removed the stars from all but the admin and mods. They still have one star each.
How do I solve this?
Thank you.
Its the actual size of the star image you have uploaded. To control the size add this rule to your global.css
.author_information img {
    max-width: 20px;
}
(2020-01-14, 05:57 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Its the actual size of the star image you have uploaded. To control the size add this rule to your global.css
.author_information img {
}

Thank you.

I added it and it made the star small. Perfect size. But it also made the avatar 20px wide. I added star

Quote:.author_information star img {

and it went back to reg size avatar. I changed it to

Quote:.post .post_author_information star img {

And it returned me to the same issue. Big avatar, giant star.

Sorry to ask for more assistance.
Smile
ETA: I turned off "display posts in classic mode" and
Quote:.author_information img {
}
worked perfectly.

Just one problem, I do not like this mode. I do not like it at all. So, do I have to choose between classic mode with giant stars and 'non-classic' mode with right-sized stars?

Smile
While completely unrelated to your question but something I noticed. Your dark 2.0 theme is fa5dark and while you may be modifying it and such, an important thing to note before anything else on that note regarding that particular theme is that you do not have the required files uploaded for it thus why progbar, font awesome, etc, etc, is not loading and well, umm, almost all icons/images are fontawesome in that particular theme and the fa5dark directory is needed. *

* directory https://theprosestylist.net/themes/fa5dark  is not there nor the files contained within said directory that the theme is looking for and that should be corrected for that particular theme
(2020-01-14, 07:23 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]While completely unrelated to your question but something I noticed. Your dark 2.0 theme is fa5dark and you do not have the required files uploaded for it thus why font awesome is not loading.

directory https://theprosestylist.net/themes/fa5dark  is not there nor the files contained within said directory that the theme is looking for and that should be corrected for that particular theme

Thank you.
I couldn't get them to load. There is something I'm not understanding about the procedure. I try to load the files but my file manager just sits at 0%. I'm sure it's something that I'm not doing correctly. And I'm such a novice that most of the directions don't make sense to me.
(2020-01-14, 07:42 PM)Edward Gestalt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-14, 07:23 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]While completely unrelated to your question but something I noticed. Your dark 2.0 theme is fa5dark and you do not have the required files uploaded for it thus why font awesome is not loading.

directory https://theprosestylist.net/themes/fa5dark  is not there nor the files contained within said directory that the theme is looking for and that should be corrected for that particular theme

Thank you.
I couldn't get them to load. There is something I'm not understanding about the procedure. I try to load the files but my file manager just sits at 0%. I'm sure it's something that I'm not doing correctly. And I'm such a novice that most of the directions don't make sense to me.

When you extract you see this: * documentation is documentation, the theme xml file is the the install file, the manage color file is only there as a reference if the user say deletes color option calls in the installed theme and the upload folder is your forum root directory so the files inside it go in your forum root

[Image: Screenshot-20200114-114447-Solid-Explorer-Classic.jpg]

Inside the upload (forum root) directory these are already placed to were they need to go

[Image: Screenshot-20200114-114853-Solid-Explorer-Classic.jpg]

Inside the jscripts directory contains files for the sceditor styling

forum/jscripts/....

forum/jscripts/sceditor/....

[Image: Screenshot-20200114-115818-Solid-Explorer-Classic.jpg]

Inside themes directory is fa5dark theme files where font awesome, progbar and any non fa images are all housed

forum/themes/...

forum/themes/FA5Dark/....

[Image: Screenshot-20200114-115429-Solid-Explorer-Classic.jpg]
vintagedaddyo
When you extract you see this: * the upload folder is your forum root directory so the files inside it go in your forum root

Quote:As far as I know I'm DLing to my root folder in my File Manager. /home/theprose...
When I try to DL the documentation folder, it just sits there at 0% and does not complete.
The upload folder completes (a green bar appears) but says 0 bytes complete.
The other two DL fine.
And now, for the first time, I'm finding fa5dark xml in the root directory.
And that's where I am right now.

My appoligies and thanks for your help.