MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your page is not optimized for smartphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I’ve already set up the forum completely, I’ve studied and understood daily for more than a week. Thought everything the other day to start filling. But then I ran into such a problem.
In general, friends, I checked the forum in the Google console, after which he began to spit me out through the search: Your page is not optimized for smartphones.
With what now the question arose. Is it possible to optimize for mobile devices in the standard (1.8.22) (default) template or theme, and if possible, how, where to look?
I saw that there are ready-made optimized templates for 1.8.22, but I do not want to hang them, and from the very beginning I did not want to. I, in fact, are completely satisfied with the standard one.
Hello,
there is currently no way to easily optimize the default theme for mobile. What I'd recommend doing is either getting a theme designer to create one that looks like the default one for you (which might be a bigger job, depending on who you ask), use a mobile-based theme and have that load only for mobile devices, or use a pre-made responsive theme. There will be a default responsive theme in MyBB 1.9, though.
(2020-01-15, 10:11 PM)mTurtle_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
there is currently no way to easily optimize the default theme for mobile. What I'd recommend doing is either getting a theme designer to create one that looks like the default one for you (which might be a bigger job, depending on who you ask), use a mobile-based theme and have that load only for mobile devices, or use a pre-made responsive theme. There will be a default responsive theme in MyBB 1.9, though.

I already understood that.) But thanks anyway.
Actually, this is not so critical, you can still use on smartphones, though with some extra gestures.)
Let's hope that in 1.9 everything will be as it should.