MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove user title for specific groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to remove user tiles (newbie etc) for specific groups, mainly for administrator groups, is there any way I can do that?

I unticked the "Can use custom user titles?" in the group that I want the user tile removed, but it hasn't done anything.

How can I remove it for specific groups, is it possible? or I have to remove it as a whole from the template?

I only want the "Management" group image to be visible without the newbie http://prntscr.com/qou5if

Thanks!
use Default User Title for those specific user groups [image]
Quote:If the user has nothing entered in their custom user title field, the user title entered here will be displayed.
If you leave this option blank, users will have their title and stars taken from the User Titles configuration.
(2020-01-17, 03:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]use Default User Title for those specific user groups [image]
Quote:If the user has nothing entered in their custom user title field, the user title entered here will be displayed.
If you leave this option blank, users will have their title and stars taken from the User Titles configuration.

Hey thanks for replying!

What I'm trying to do is just have the group image and the user name only with no user title at all, if I do it as you said it's gonna be like this http://prntscr.com/qoukol I don't want it to say (Management) at all, just the image that says Management and the user name which is Teo.

Is there a way I could maybe set the Default User Title as an image?
if you like to remove the user title for all user groups then
you can edit the template & remove related variable {$post['usertitle']}

Forum Admin Control Panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates
>> forum's active theme templates >> Post Bit Templates >> postbit & postbit_classic

if you want to remove it for specific user groups only then
you may have to use template conditionals plugin & add a condition ..
(2020-01-17, 03:55 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you like to remove the user title for all user groups then
you can edit the template & remove related variable {$post['usertitle']}

Forum Admin Control Panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates
>> forum's active theme templates  >> Post Bit Templates >> postbit & postbit_classic

if you want to remove it for specific user groups only then
you may have to use template conditionals plugin & add a condition ..

Thank you so much!   Smile
I forgot about the user title in member profile
related template is member_profile & variable is {$usertitle}
(2020-01-17, 04:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot about the user title in member profile
related template is member_profile & variable is {$usertitle}

Thank you!