MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cerise Theme Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How to update the theme? I can't even see or know which version I am currently using so is there any way to see that.

I downloaded and installed (to our community) the theme last year on the month of January. So, probably its a two or three versions old.
I asssume you mean the frontend theme since you said theme and not style as in the acp style of same name, so yeah the theme has been updated. Anyhoo, latest version is for 1.8.22. Best bet is install that and apply your specific changes to it or install it as a second theme then compare your specific customizations to the new theme and copy over only your customizations to new theme, then uninstall the old theme after you are done.
Inside the upload folder of the latest theme I saw many files. Do I have to update them too? Or, just installing the xml file do it?
(2020-01-19, 05:54 PM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]Inside the upload folder of the latest theme I saw many files. Do I have to update them too? Or, just installing the xml file do it?

Normal updating between say closer versions the answer would just be .xml unkess drastic file changes were noted, but in this case since I am not sure what version of version you have and it has been some time, I would upload and overwrite the files due to some added editor file changes and such in some of the past updates. As well as install the .xml.

Only other option you have is to manually find updated files via acp and manually update your version to be current with 1.8.22 but that would not be the same as having the latest version of cerise if that makes sense
(2020-01-19, 06:54 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-19, 05:54 PM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]Inside the upload folder of the latest theme I saw many files. Do I have to update them too? Or, just installing the xml file do it?

Normal updating between say closer versions the answer would just be .xml unkess drastic file changes were noted, but in this case since I am not sure what version of version you have and it has been some time, I would upload and overwrite the files due to some added editor file changes and such in some of the past updates. As well as install the .xml.

Only other option you have is to manually find updated files via acp and manually update your version to be current with 1.8.22 but that would not be the same as having the latest version of cerise if that makes sense

Isn't there any way to check the current verions of theme that I am using? Like checking mybb version or the plugins?
(2020-01-20, 04:37 AM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]

Isn't there any way to check the current verions of theme that I am using? Like checking mybb version or the plugins?

Slightly not relevant. The fact is the latest version of mybb is 1.8.22 and the latest version of cerise is for 1.8.22 thus using that makes you current. You say you installed the theme sometime last year, that makes it outdated, there is no need to figure out what precise vwrsion you installed because in a nutshell it is outdated and not the latest version for 1.8.22, probably not even the 1.8.21 version, depending on how far back and like I alredy stated there have been changes in each theme update as well as there have been changes in mybb veraion updates, so again trying to figure out the answer to your question is indeed slightly not relevant as current means current and updating to current is updating to current nor am I psychic to know at what day or what hour of that day you downloaded and installed nor what pkg version you precisely downloaded and to speculate is pointless. The options to updating were provided in my initial response, follow them and use the current theme, or don't and use an outdated theme, or don't and update yourself manually and still not have the current theme versio nor files, doesnt matter what the theme, this is a regular task as to be expected when theme versions and or mybb versions get updated, choice is yours.
(2020-01-20, 05:31 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Slightly not relevant. The fact is the latest version of mybb is 1.8.22 and the latest version of cerise is for 1.8.22 thus using that makes you current. You say you installed the theme sometime last year, that makes it outdated, there is no need to figure out what precise vwrsion you installed because in a nutshell it is outdated and not the latest version for 1.8.22, probably not even the 1.8.21 version, depending on how far back and like I alredy stated there have been changes in each theme update as well as there have been changes in mybb veraion updates, so again trying to figure out the answer to your question is indeed slightly not relevant as current means current and updating to current is updating to current nor am I psychic to know at what day or what hour of that day you downloaded and installed nor what pkg version you precisely downloaded and to speculate is pointless. The options to updating were provided in my initial response, follow them and use the current theme, or don't and use an outdated theme, or don't and update yourself manually and still not have the current theme versio nor files, doesnt matter what the theme, this is a regular task as to be expected when theme versions and or mybb versions get updated, choice is yours.

Okay, you understood me wrong. I am using the latest mybb along with all the plugins. Its the theme that I didn't updated as it shows nowhere.

I deleted the theme first. Then installed the new one. Then saw that the theme is using new templates so I adjusted it to use the old cerise template. But I am seeing many changes such as the post's text color and post_bit_user colors reverting back to the default. Is there any way to undone it?
(2020-01-20, 01:55 PM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay, you understood me wrong. I am using the latest mybb along with all the plugins. Its the theme that I didn't updated as it shows nowhere.

I deleted the theme first. Then installed the new one. Then saw that the theme is using new templates so I adjusted it to use the old cerise template. But I am seeing many changes such as the post's text color and post_bit_user colors reverting back to the default. Is there any way to undone it?

Adjusted it to use old templates? Umm, why on earth would you do that if you installed the latest theme then use the latest templates else what is the point of installing latest theme?
(2020-01-20, 06:37 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-19, 06:54 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Normal updating between say closer versions the answer would just be .xml unkess drastic file changes were noted, but in this case since I am not sure what version of version you have and it has been some time, I would upload and overwrite the files due to some added editor file changes and such in some of the past updates. As well as install the .xml.

Adjusted it to use old templates? Umm, why on earth would you do that if you installed the latest theme then use the latest templates else what is the point of installing latest theme?

So, the modifications that I made. Those had to be made in the new templates?!
(2020-01-21, 04:07 AM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-20, 06:37 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-20, 04:37 AM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there any way to check the current verions of theme that I am using? Like checking mybb version or the plugins?

So, the modifications that I made. Those had to be made in the new templates?!

Yes, that is why I suggested rename the old theme and template set, installing the new theme and then only copying over your customizations from the old theme to the new, meaning review old template and css modifications you added and made in old and redo them in the new theme css and templates, then when completed delete the old theme and template set, yep it is a task but it is the way it needs to be done.
Pages: 1 2 3