MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: guest links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello
is there a way without a plugin to hide links in my forum from guests
No, that's not possible!

[ExiTuS]
Hey,
I don't think there's an easy way to only hide links, but you could hide entire posts.
so what plugin do you suggest me to do that..
is there plugin to add something like this
[hide]link[/hide]
so i can hide content too
I've linked the plugin in my previous post: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=313.
As for your second question, I believe you could achieve that with MyCode. Not 100% sure how, though.

Edit: Here's a way to do it: https://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-2.html
It is a plugin but this might be something useful for your desire to hide links, images, quote, code, etc all together from guest usergroup or just say links from guest usergroup or any defined usergroup

What can be blocked
PHP,CODE,QUOTE,URL,IMG,EMAIL

Just a link blocked to usergroup 1 ie: guest if that is all you want
[Image: Screenshot-20200119-165442-Firefox.jpg]

Just a link blocked with other option not blocked
[Image: Screenshot-20200119-171942-Firefox.jpg]

Example of php code, code, img, link blocked to usergroup 1 ie: guest just to show it can be used beyond links
[Image: Screenshot-20200119-171117-Firefox.jpg]

[attachment=42480] * file only modified only to add 18* to compat listing 
plugin info: https://mods.mybb.com/view/scd-code-hide...d-plugin-2
that exacly what i want @vintagedaddyo
but it doesnt work for me

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM mybb_settinggroups WHERE name='scd_hide_fg'' at line 1
Query:
    SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybb_settinggroups WHERE name='scd_hide_fg'

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
(2020-01-20, 08:30 AM)Mastersly Wrote: [ -> ]that exacly what i want @vintagedaddyo
but it doesnt work for me

In plugin find:

$query = $db->simple_select("settinggroups", "COUNT(*) as rows", "name='scd_hide_fg'");
	$rows = $db->fetch_field($query, "rows");
	if($rows > 0)
	{
		return true;
	}

Have you tried

Change to something like: $rows to $zrows

$query = $db->simple_select("settinggroups", "COUNT(*) as rows", "name='scd_hide_fg'");
	$zrows = $db->fetch_field($query, "rows");
	if($zrows > 0)
	{
		return true;
	}

[attachment=42482]

Sorry super tired atm but lemme know if that sorts it out for you
now i can see the plugin but when i click install i see this error

SQL Error:
    1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column `r119830pel_anonsharee`.`mybb_settinggroups`.`gid` at row 1
Query:
    INSERT INTO mybb_settinggroups (`gid`,`name`,`title`,`description`,`disporder`,`isdefault`) VALUES ('NULL','scd_hide_fg','SCD Hide From Groups','Hide the contents of selected MyCode tags in your posts from selected groups.','500','no') 

sorry i am new at this and dont know what it says
(2020-01-20, 08:23 PM)Mastersly Wrote: [ -> ]now i can see the plugin but when i click install i see this error

SQL Error:
    1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column `r119830pel_anonsharee`.`mybb_settinggroups`.`gid` at row 1
Query:
    INSERT INTO mybb_settinggroups (`gid`,`name`,`title`,`description`,`disporder`,`isdefault`) VALUES ('NULL','scd_hide_fg','SCD Hide From Groups','Hide the contents of selected MyCode tags in your posts from selected groups.','500','no') 

sorry i am new at this and dont know what it says

Try this:

Version: 2.6 * (for MyBB 1.8.x)
Authors: Dylan M., Vintagedaddyo
Submitted: 20th January 2020

current localization:

- english
- englishgb

[attachment=42488] * I only currently localized it for english and englishgb as that is all the time I had before my cellphone battery got low but lemme know if it works for you and if so then I will add further localization support for it and add it to the mods site https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1331 when I get time.

[Image: acp-settings.jpg]

[Image: frontend-active.jpg]
Pages: 1 2