MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lightbox2 permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lightbox 2 does almost eveything I need but when a guest clicks a thumb they get a never ending loading icon. Could you update to just show a unregistered message?

[attachment=42490]
(2020-01-22, 04:09 PM)Seeker-Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Lightbox 2 does almost eveything I need but when a guest clicks a thumb they get a never ending loading icon. Could you update to just show a unregistered message?

Havent looked at this plug in ages but you do know that attachments are disabled by deault for guest in mybb right? Since this modifies attachment display have you tried enabling attachments for guests if that is what you want? Perhaps that is your issue? Or maybe I am misunderstanding when you say guest. By default since a user cannot download attachments in mybb clicking on attachment thumb should take them to the no permissions login page, so not sure how you are saying that is not happening. Ok now if you want guest to be able to download attachments go into acp usergroups guest forums and posts and check Can download attachments that way a guest will not be promted to login when clicking on thumbnails

Guest viewing it with allowing guests to view attachments in acp

[Image: Screenshot-20200122-213352-Firefox.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20200122-213357-Firefox.jpg]

Anyhoo,I dont really use mybb anymore and discontinued most projects and support for such awhile ago but I will try and remember to have a look at this sometime when my free time allows and as other numerous distractions, requests and various periodic annoyances allow.
Hi and thanks for answering. I have it set so so quests can see the thumbs but to download or view a larger version. Its not a huge issue and its really quite a good mod. If you ever get back to it I'm sure there are fans that would appreciate it.

Cheers
(2020-01-23, 02:29 PM)Seeker-Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanks for answering. I have it set so so quests can see the thumbs but to download or view a larger version. Its not a huge issue and its really quite a good mod. If you ever get back to it I'm sure there are fans that would appreciate it.

Cheers

Ok, here is a lil thing you might want to check. Ok, if you have already allowed for guests to download attachments then the plugin should work for guests also and not display the login page on thumbnail click. Ok, now if the thumbnails appear broken or the lightbox is just showing the loading icon you might have whitespace/bom in one of your other plugins, how I recreated your issue is I went into another plugin file and added whitespace before <?php and your described issue occured, then i deleted that and plugin worked fine, I then for giggles went into another plugin and added whitespace after ?> and your described issue occured, deleting such and all was well again. Just a tip.
Thanks
(2020-01-23, 06:03 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-23, 02:29 PM)Seeker-Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanks for answering. I have it set so so quests can see the thumbs but to download or view a larger version. Its not a huge issue and its really quite a good mod. If you ever get back to it I'm sure there are fans that would appreciate it.

Cheers

Ok, here is a lil thing you might want to check. Ok, if you have already allowed for guests to download attachments then the plugin should work for guests also and not display the login page on thumbnail click. Ok, now if the thumbnails appear broken or the lightbox is just showing the loading icon you might have whitespace/bom in one of your other plugins, how I recreated your issue is I went into another plugin file and added whitespace before <?php and your described issue occured, then i deleted that and plugin worked fine, I then for giggles went into another plugin and added whitespace after ?> and your described issue occured, deleting such and all was well again. Just a tip.

Hi
Back again and I'm finding that I misspoke. There is definitely a permission problem with this addon. If as a guest I go to a forum thread with attachments (I have thumbnails enabled for guests but not attachments) I get the standard login error page. However with the same circumstance a guest can view at least one image with no permission error on the portal. Sometimes a guest can view many images before Lightbox2 stops responding. Now to make this even more confusing as a guest I can go to the forum click an image and get an error but then go to the portal and open the same attachment. Really the issue seems to be with Lightbox2 and the portal but still it should be fixed.
(2020-02-06, 09:13 PM)Seeker-Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Back again and I'm finding that I misspoke. There is definitely a permission problem with this addon. If as a guest I go to a forum thread with attachments (I have thumbnails enabled for guests but not attachments) I get the standard login error page. However with the same circumstance a guest can view at least one image with no permission error on the portal. Sometimes a guest can view many images before Lightbox2 stops responding. Now to make this even more confusing as a guest I can go to the forum click an image and get an error but then go to the portal and open the same attachment. Really the issue seems to be with Lightbox2 and the portal but still it should be fixed.

aah, thank you for pointing that out.

I do not have the current free time to keep looking at projects that I am not currently developing, maintaining or providing support for as I keep repeatedly and tiredly reminding folks, but this should sort out your complaints: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...2&bid=4276
Hi
I'm sorry, I was not intentionally complaining. I appreciate all the hard work coders put into their work. Thanks so much for even looking into this.
Kind regards,
Peter

Solved works perfectly!! Thanks again.