MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when activating a Plug In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just (yesterday) downloaded and now in the process of setting up a MyBB forum. As part of the set up, I was hoping to be able to include my normal site menu structure at the top of the Forum pages. 

Looking through the plugins I found the Dynamic Header and Footer Plugin, which looked as though it might be able to do the job. I downloaded it and put it in the correct place on my website. When I try to Install and Activate it, I get the following message (there are no other plugins active).

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM osfor_settinggroups' at line 1). Query: SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM osfor_settinggroups

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to overcome this problem or suggest other ways of incorporating my website menu structure at the top of the forum pages ?

Thanks,
Timothy Edwards
rows is a MariaDB reserved keyword, IIRC. That query can be executed on MySQL properly but not on MariaDB, I suppose.

Better to contact the plugin's author/developer for the MariaDB compatibility issue, if you have to use this plugin.
although referred plugin is not expected to work fine ..
replies here can be helpful

Note: php files should be saved with utf-8 encoding without Byte Order Mark.
in general, we use editor like Notepad++ or file editor at web host panel to edit the files.
Thanks very much for that. Now that I realised what the problem was, it was easy to fix. I just replaced 'rows' with 'numrows' in Notepad++ (my usual editor) and I was able to Install and Activate it without a problem. 

I have tried out the plugin and it allows me to insert my normal site menu at the top of the forum pages as I wanted to.

Someone should amend the plugin code to remove the bug.

Thanks very much for your help,
Timothy Edwards