MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error on Threaded mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah I know maybe I'm only one of the fewest people using the threaded more as a necessary tool for a forum but well... like a week ago I got an issue when I put this mode. On linear mode the showthread works fine.

Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'message' - Line: 7 - File: showthread.php(1587) : eval()'d code PHP 7.2.26 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/showthread.php(1587) : eval()'d code	7	errorHandler->error
/showthread.php	1587	eval
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'message' - Line: 22 - File: showthread.php(1587) : eval()'d code PHP 7.2.26 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/showthread.php(1587) : eval()'d code	22	errorHandler->error

And I'm not quite sure why I suddenly got this error since I haven't installed a plugin on a while or touch the showthread template. I'm using the ver 1.8.19.

And here's a copy of my showthread code.

Thank you in advance.
check content of showthread_usersbrowsing template - is it changed from original content ?
if so do you have any related plugins or have you manually changed its content ?

can you temporarily change php to a lower version (eg. 7.1.x) and check if the issue persists ..
Nop, all modified templates are in green and this one stills blue so I haven't touch it
[Image: QGbeb2N.png]

The only recent change on the forum I made was re-upload the font-awesome but I highly doubt the problem can be related somehow. So i've check the php version. Editing when I can...

Nop... 7.1 and still

Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'message' - Line: 31 - File: showthread.php(1587) : eval()'d code PHP 7.1.33 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/showthread.php(1587) : eval()'d code	31	errorHandler->error
^ probably its a bug - however threaded mode will be removed in a future version of MyBB ..
Try to disable for 1s all plugins through Settings > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins and let us know if the problem persists.
Send your showthread template too.
I don't have such issue on either PHP 7.2, 7.3 or 7.4 with MyBB 1.8.22. Through the code changes for showthread.php from 1.8.19 to current, seems nothing is relevant to such issue.

Though not sure with 1.8.19, I suggest OP:
Run a file verification and post the result.
Do you have such issue with the default MyBB theme/template?