MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After merge I cannot find posts and threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the new   result after the plugin is activated:

[Image: kUuht00m_bigger.jpg]Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump

President Bashar al-Assad of Syria must not recklessly attack Idlib Province. The Russians and Iranians would be making a grave humanitarian mistake to take part in this potential human tragedy. Hundreds of thousands of people could be killed. Don’t let that happen!
3:20 PM - Sep 3, 2018
as suggested earlier, you can try removing extra characters like ✔ by using SQL query like below
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '✔', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%âœ\”%';

[common sql queries guidance]
PM sent
The ✠things look like an encoding issue. As far as I can tell, the merge system itself has issues with encodings, if the tables/columns of the to be merged board have a different encoding other than the target MyBB board's.

The [h... and [indent] things should be circumstances that the merge system's parser can't handle. Relevant codes should be added into the parser's class: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...parser.php
One admina wanted to change her password and whne I went there to her profile this is the message I get there.
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 1013 - File: admin/modules/user/users.php PHP 7.1.28-1+0~20190412071042.17+jessie~1.gbpbe9b36 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/user/users.php 1013 errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 597 require
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 1014 - File: admin/modules/user/users.php PHP 7.1.28-1+0~20190412071042.17+jessie~1.gbpbe9b36 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/user/users.php 1014 errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 597

And there are these on some of the posts
Please see attached images as they format properly when I paste here and you won't know what is happening.[attachment=42500][attachment=42499]
some of the BBcodes from vBulletin cannot be converted easily.
WYSWYG editor used for vBulletin is much different from MyBB's editor.

tags like [font=&amp] can be removed but [/font] remains ...
removing [/font] disturbs existing fonts formatted content ..

Also
converted MyBB forum needs to be upgraded to a recent version [1.8.22]

[MyBB upgrading guidance - not up to date - still useful ..]
(2020-01-25, 03:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]some of the BBcodes from vBulletin cannot be converted easily.

tags like [font=&][/font][font=&] can be removed but [/color][/font][color=#EF2929] remains ...

Also

I will update the software.

(2020-01-25, 04:04 AM)spacecadet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-25, 03:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]some of the BBcodes from vBulletin cannot be converted easily.

tags like [font=&][/font][font=&] can be removed but [/color][/font][color=#EF2929] remains ...

Also

I will update the software.
I updated the software and it looks like this. See attachment 1[

And I have this message about the coding, See attachment 2[attachment=42501][attachment=42502]
broken style was due to adding security layered protocol https & un-matching site settings
[see related guidance]

reg. utf-8 conversion , it was not done for upgraded data table - it is NOT an issue !
Pages: 1 2