MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CTRL + F5 does not update without doing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I moved my server and MyBB does not update any action on our forum (when the topic is opened, comments are posted, forum statistics, etc.). So the changes do not appear without CTRL + F5. How can we solve this?

note:my english bad sorry
Sounds like you have some further caching set up by your web host. I would get in touch with them first of all and request they disable the caching set up for you.
(2020-01-26, 06:27 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have some further caching set up by your web host. I would get in touch with them first of all and request they disable the caching set up for you.
$config['cache_store'] = '';

/**
* Memcache configuration
* If you are using memcache as your data-cache,
* you need to configure the hostname and port
* of your memcache server below.
* If not using memcache, ignore this section.
*/

$config['memcache']['host'] = '127.0.0.3';
$config['memcache']['port'] = 11211;
Host cache is independent of your settings.
What's your URL? A lot of web hosts these days use Varnish caching or something similar to reduce the loads on their servers (so they can oversell them even more than they already did), but this means that dynamic pages may be cached when they shouldn't be.
Are you using htaccess for caching ?
Or some compression. A URL and information about hosting will be pretty good info.
my url premiumcuyuz.com
Quote:cache-control: max-age=172800

content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 03:20:26 GMT
expires: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 03:20:26 GMT

server: nginx

that indicates there can be a severe cache from web server.
contact your web host support & ask for disabling/controlling ..

basically php pages should not be cached ..

you can also try turning off caching from forum admin panel
forum admin panel >> configuration [settings] >> Server and Optimization Options
--> Send No Cache Headers --> select yes & save
you can also try turning off caching from forum admin panel
forum admin panel >> configuration [settings] >> Server and Optimization Options
--> Send No Cache Headers --> select yes & save

not work Sad
^ it would be better to contact your web host & ask for disabling server based cache for your domain