MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of mods have been updated as they show that they are for RC4. But how will we know which tutorial has also been updated to be RC4 compatible?
Was just thinking the same thing, however How to create and use Avatar Captions and How to display thread authors on your stats page work cause I have them on my site.

Find Posts by User Link on View Profile Page is now useless and can be removed or moved to a section called RC3.

Adding templates to your forum is old and needs revising

And "Add Buddy" link in postbit and Grab portal news from multiple forums Im not sure about.
Well, this is something I'll be improving when I get around to doing the site rewrite.

For now though, I'll just post back here when the tutorials are updated. Now that most mods are updated I'll probably do the tutorials tomorrow.

k776 Wrote:Adding templates to your forum is old and needs revising

What's wrong with it? :neautral:
it need more explaining and parts updated.
k776 Wrote:it need more explaining and parts updated.

Correct, in fact I had opened a new thread asking for a more detailed way to ad a new template.

k776, did you update your forum or reinstall? I still haven't got online with my forum but have performed lots of layout changes and mods of course, so update is better or a new installation?
hmm, it depends. I did the fresh install because of the table prefixes. That is the only thing you get from a fresh install. Both methods will loose most if not all your mods anyway.

So unless you plan on having myBB_forumtable and myBB2_forumtable on the database, just upgrade, its easier.

Secondly, take a note of all mods you currently have. Go though MM's mods and tutorials, bookmarking each one that you currently have on your boards and you plan to re-implemtent. Then go through this forum, bookmarking any threads that you have used so that can quickly access once upgraded. Finally, go through your boards custom templates and find ones that have been edited. Then open it up, and copy and paste the code in that template (or if you can remember, the code for the mod only) into a word doc. Keep doing for each modified one.

Then upgrade. Upload all files except inc/config.php and inc/settings.php. Then navigate to www.yourplace.com/forum/inc/upgrade.php and follow the instructions on screen. Once upgraded (and if successful), go to the pages of your mods, download, and install one at a time. Make sure all mods are for RC4. Smile

This process I do everytime a new version comes out. (RC2, RC3, and RC4). It works really well. Just close the board so no one can enter till you fix it. (just leave the reason why its closed, it a bug in myBB that doesn't show it, perhaps MM knows how to fix??
well, thanx a lot k776, the method you have just described will definitely do well. I think it's highly logical and systematic. Thanx for the lovely tips Smile