MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Diference between xampp plugin and mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a difference between the mybb plugin for xampp and the mybb download package. Just starting out and not sure if I need both or?
Thanks.
XAMPP plugin is provided by a third party. Just use the official MyBB package.
XAMPP is just an all-in-one package to install a Webserver with PHP and MySQL database. That's the base for running websites.

It's questionable to use third party "plugins" when you better can download the latest Original MyBB package. Take the original and run the install routine to be safe.

[ExiTuS]

PS.
My regards and respect for your effort in spite of what your username suggests. And i wish you will find a suitable theme for your forum as requested.
Thank you very much. That was helpful. I intend to use xampp  for testing the forum before publishing. Will use oficial version of mybb.
A short advice: when you create a develop or test environment, try to be the nearest of the prod environment.
If your prod hosting is lamp but you can only use a PC for dev/test, xamp is a good alternative but use the same MyBB that you'll use with your prod.
And take care of the versions of PHP and MySQL/MariaDB you'll use.