MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Links mod bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
thank you for answering, musicalmidget. These are the errors:

When editing a category:

mySQL error: 1146
Table 'Sql65411_1.linkcategories' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT * FROM linkcategories WHERE cid='2'

When editing a link:

Query: SELECT * FROM linkcategories WHERE cid='3'

And, in addition, now I can't even login to the admincp anymore... this is the error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /web/htdocs/www.unprogged.com/home/admin/index.php on line 61

I've attached my index.php too.
For the sql problems, please see the solution I posted previously. The new PHP highlighting function caused the code in those fixes to show incorrectly until I fixed it just a few moments ago.

As for the admin cp problem, I don't see any problems in your index.php file although I've only managed to take a quick look. Is it possible you tried to access that page before the file had completely uploaded?
no, i just sent you the wrong index.php, this is the right one

sorry :\
sorry 4 double posting:

ok, I managed to solve the PARSE error, but the first two errors still remain.

Any idea?

---

again, these are the errors:

When editing a category:

Query: SELECT * FROM linkcategories WHERE cid='2'

When editing a link:

Query: SELECT * FROM linkcategories WHERE cid='3'
I've just taken another your index.php file and the error is remaining because you haven't reapplied the fixes I mentioned.

Please see this post and apply those fixes. I updated the code since you attempted the first time.
I've done that for the third time now but the two errors are still there.

But I noticed that in my adminoptions.php all the lines that looks like this:

makeyesnocode("Can Edit Forum Links", "newperms[caneditlinks]", $permissions['caneditlinks']);

are written like this:

makeyesnocode("Can Edit Forum Links", "newperms[caneditlinks]", $permissions[caneditlinks]);

I'm referring to the bold word
Although that code is technically not correct, it should still work and wouldn't be the cause of the error you're getting. When I checked your index.php file earlier I noticed that you had the incorrect fix which is why I asked you to reapply it. If you're sure you've done that correctly then my only guess is that you didn't run the installation file that came in the download package for this mod.

If you have access to phpMyAdmin or a similar tool, please manually check that the tables mybb_linkcategories and mybb_forumlinks tables exist, where mybb_ is your database table prefix.
The first thing I did was installing the modinstall.php file. In fact I tried to reinstall it today, and appeared a message that said I was trying to install a duplicate of the table.

And, for the fix, i made the mod you explained here at #5
This does seem strange then. Could you attach your admin/index.php file once again and I'll take another look.
Here it is. Very kind. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3