MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a bit more contrast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I adjust settings to make there more contrast? If you see the screenshot it is too dark for people to read on some of the posts.[attachment=42517][attachment=42518]

This is how it usually is.[attachment=42519]
looks like you had a light colored theme for the earlier vBulletin forum & its posts content
had black colored text. now you are using a dark color theme & hence there is a problem !

perhaps its better to change earlier black colored text to white color text.
I have added a custom MyCode for it in your forum [image]
(2020-01-29, 09:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like you had a light colored theme for the earlier vBulletin forum & its posts content
had black colored text. now you are using a dark color theme & hence there is a problem !

perhaps its better to change earlier black colored text to white color text.
I have added a custom MyCode for it in your forum [image]

Yes it was a light-colored theme. Thanks for that.

If I change later back to a light theme will I need to undo this? Will I have the same problem is reverse White text on a light background getting lost/invisible?
A site with multiple themes, both dark and light, will definitely have problems with color-styled posts. The same post will work well in light, but be unacceptable in dark, or vice versa. This happens frequently when a user copy/pastes text from another source using the WSYIWYG mode of the editor because all the formatting is passed along. (Formats are not passed along with source-mode editor.)

My solution is to allow all formatting in posts except [color=], and let the theme's css specify it.

I use a MyCode entry like .m. suggested. The replacement is blank.

Regexp is
\[\/?color[^\]]*\]
as HLFadmin said,
your forum has contents posted from other sites/blogs with random color codes. it would be better
to use a light colors theme as most of earlier posts content suit colored text with white background

added custom MyCode can be disabled when it is not required. it doesn't make permanent changes.