MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto log in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can see how to insert directly into the db to add users and duplicate my own website db.  My questions is I would like them to be able to just click a link and auto log into the message board.  I see the <form> code but it has some sort of key attached to it.  I am guessing to stop some kind of attacks.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Dax
(2020-02-03, 04:03 AM)Daxcor Wrote: [ -> ]I can see how to insert directly into the db to add users and duplicate my own website db.  My questions is I would like them to be able to just click a link and auto log into the message board.  I see the <form> code but it has some sort of key attached to it.  I am guessing to stop some kind of attacks.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Dax
If I understood correctly, you want to duplicate DB and log in automatically to duplicate site ?
If you want to duplicated your DB, the simplest option is to download from PHPMyAdmin. Regarding autologin, you can use the same set of cookies.
Sorry I should have been clearer. I have a user db for my site. I want to take that info and inject into the forum db so they are automaticly registered. That doesn't look to hard. What I am after is for them to click on a link from the site (menu option) that would take them to the mybb and auto log them in. I was looking at the login box and it looked fairly straight forward but it looks like it has some kind of session variable to keep people from hacking the login. Just wondering if there is a legit way of doing the login by passing variables of username/pass to the login script to autolog them in.
(2020-02-03, 06:22 AM)Daxcor Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I should have been clearer.  I have a user db for my site.  I want to take that info and inject into the forum db so they are automaticly registered.  That doesn't look to hard.  What I am after is for them to click on a link from the site (menu option) that would take them to the mybb and auto log them in.  I was looking at the login box and it looked fairly straight forward but it looks like it has some kind of session variable to keep people from hacking the login.  Just wondering if there is a legit way of doing the login by passing variables of username/pass to the login script to autolog them in.

Hi, to do this you need to first insert the user in the forum database, you can do this easily by reading the answer to the question asked by me, then you have to fill the mybb cookie the same way the forum does.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-226176...pid1342284