MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox Updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've just updated the shoutbox modification, to incorporate one feature improvement and one new feature which should have been added when the mod was updated for RC4, but somehow slipped the net.

If you've already installed this mod, there is no need to reinstall. Both changes are in the same template, so to update manually, simply open up your shoutbox_submit template from the global templates list, highlight all the html code and replace it with this...

<br />
<form method="post" action="shoutbox.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_shout">
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" width="98%" align="center">
<tr><td class="tborder">
<table border="0" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" width="100%">
<tr><td class="trow1" align="center">Shout: <input type="text" name="message" size="40" maxlength="200"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Add Shout"><br /><span class="smalltext"><a href="shoutbox.php">Refresh</a></span></td>
</tr>
</form>
</table>
</td></tr></table>

The new feature is the addition of a refresh link, which has been suggested many times. Clicking the link simply reloads shoutbox.php, but the page will still refresh itself every 60 seconds. I'm debating removing the 60 second auto-refresh now that it can be done manually, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

The feature improvement is that you shouts are no longer limited to 60 characters or length. In all honesty, I don't even know myself why this limit was imposed, but it's been changed to something more appropriate now.

As always, the download package has been updated, but once again I stress that you need not download it if you have already installed the mod. Smile
MM scores again. Thanks for this great adition. So, most if not all mods are RC4 now??
I think there are a couple of mods I haven't upgraded yet, but nobody has complained yet so thet obviously aren't popular ones. :p

I've got a couple of tutorials to update but that's about it.
ok, cool, and do you have a list of things you are planning on making?? Can you tell us them please??
No list at the moment. I'd prefer to give mods/themes a break until gold is released. That way I have more time to spend helping Chris with gold if needed, and don't have so many things to upgrade once it's released.

This doesn't mean there will be nothing untill gold though... Wink
ok, cool
Excuse, but would be possible to insert the last one shout in the main page of the forum?
This isn't something I was planning on adding as a feature, but if you let me know where abouts on the index page you would like the latest shout to appear, I'll let you know how to show it there. Wink
you don't have an archor in the shoutbox, that little addition would be great, so that when it refreshs you don't have to scroll to the bottom

edit:
oh and see u haven't updated the easter egg Wink Toungue
what easter egg??
Pages: 1 2 3