MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What theme is MyBB community using?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the latest MyBB a couple days ago and just realized, it looks nothing like this community. The editor, the forum, everything is much different. Is MyBB Community (here) using the default theme? It's much cleaner and nicer than what was pre-installed for me.

I am having some users complain it's too small, and I agree. Everything seems to be quite a bit smaller compared to here. The screenshot is the same style, but it seems like everything here is just ... bigger in size. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated!

[attachment=42533]
Hey,
MyBB Community uses a theme similar to the default one, but it's not the same. I don't think there is a setting to make things larger in the default theme, but you could edit the CSS properties to make things larger fairly quickly. (font-size for certain elements, etc.)
You could also use a different theme altogether if you want to - https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...=downloads
(2020-02-04, 09:46 PM)mTurtle_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
MyBB Community uses a theme similar to the default one, but it's not the same. I don't think there is a setting to make things larger in the default theme, but you could edit the CSS properties to make things larger fairly quickly. (font-size for certain elements, etc.)
You could also use a different theme altogether if you want to - https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...=downloads

Yeah, I know about using other themes. I am not a complete novice to mybb, but I am new to the latest version. It's been several years since I have used it. I do like the cleanliness of this theme and it's sizing of not just the rows and it's spacing, but the size of the editor, smilies, etc. 

I'll have to tinker with it, but was hoping it would be a simple download/install. lol

Thanks!
Since appearance is really controlled by css, view a page then view page source, then view the css links in the headerinclude. You might want to view different pages in the event that a specific template calls for a previously unused css file.

I'm not saying to copy the styles, but to study them and incorporate the parts you like into your own work. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Smile