MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I lost my hosting. What do i do now??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was unable to pay for my hosting.  I did however renew my domain name for another year.  I guess my question is.  Can i switch to free hosting for now until i can afford to pay my bill???  If this is possible can somone please explain it to me>
have you recently taken database backup & saved it in your computer ?
if so, you can restore your forum on a free host & use it until you can afford better hosting.
they gave me the option to pay for just one month. Ill hae the money for hosting my then..!!!
it would be better to take database backup at least once a week (download it) to restore later if required.
Hello, you can switch to free hosting, as long as you're able to get the data from the one you were on before - the database (of which you should have a backup somewhere, as .m. said), and preferably the files seeing that you have plugins installed, but you should be able to at least temporarily get things running without them.
Whether or not they'll let you do that once the hosting expired depends on the host.
I am guessing you have a credit card. Go ahead and create an account in amazon aws. They will give you free VPS for a year. You just need to install simple LAMP stack in it to run mybb. You just need to change your A record in your registrar to the ip of the vps.