MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User registration and login issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently working with my website host to get my forum up and running for my website, however, we're having some issues.

1st issue: Whenever he tries to make an account, he's getting an error that his username is invalid, no matter what username he enters, it says that it's invalid. It's doing the same with his email as well, no matter what email address he enters, it says that the email is invalid, and yes, before you ask, he's inputting his email correctly. I was able to get around this by manually creating an account for him to use, however the issue is still there.

2nd issue: Whenever he tries to log in on the main page, he's given the error, "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again." so we did some research on this error and we found that it's a template issue, and that we need to add a specific line of code including my_post_key into four templates (error_nopermission, member_login, portal_welcome_guesttext and header_welcomeblock_guest) however despite following the instructions, and adding the line of code where it was supposed to be entered, we're still getting this error. If it helps, the only theme that is installed currently is the default theme, and we're on a fresh manual install of MyBB version 1.8.22

Thanks for the help! <3
For future reference - this has been solved in the Discord support server.
The first issue seems to have not been related to MyBB, as it worked fine for both me and chack1172.
As for the second one, I believe that was a browser cache-related issue, as it wasn't present either.
(2020-02-07, 12:36 AM)mTurtle_ Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference - this has been solved in the Discord support server.
The first issue seems to have not been related to MyBB, as it worked fine for both me and chack1172.
As for the second one, I believe that was a browser cache-related issue, as it wasn't present either.
Thanks for providing an update!

I'm going to go ahead and close this if possible. I was out for a while and couldn't get it closed. Appreciate the help from both you and chack1172.