MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing usercp_profile custom fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I’ve discovered that I can use Xthreads to manually edit the input field display in the edit profile page, but was wondering if there was a slightly tidier way? Like the {$userfidX} type that would work?

The attached display is what I’m editing. For now I’m just using XThreads to manage it, but thought I would check there wasn’t an easier way. The manual setup for the dropdown fields is... intimidating. 

Thank you!!

My image didn’t stick. Trying again xD

Okay nvm, this would be the page: http://myforum .net/forum/usercp.php?action=profile
I don't see the attachment ?
I don’t seem able to add attachments so I referenced the link that brings up the page I want to edit the front end of.

Sorry, I was at work, so I couldn't upload the image.

This is what I want to edit; primarily I want to re-display the Custom fields. Like I said, I saw some info on how to do it with XThreads, which is fine, but I was hoping there might be an easier way to do it, like there is with the member_profile

Thanks!!

[Image: 503b42625f7ef398bc04b580d358c528.png]
Hi! Update!

Ended up using the information in this post!. Its not quite what I was after 100%, but it does a great job.

The code is a little weird in that I have to include --> at the end of each input because the commenting is broken? Eg:

<b>Account Type:</b> {$custom_fields['0']} <br /> -->This is a work in progressss

Otherwise anything after the close-comment section doesn't show up at all.