MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make something show on the index page only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, long time since I've been here so hope someone can help.

I've had my forum for around 12 years and I've always used advertisers to finance the upkeep and running costs.

All I've done is write a bit of extra code into the header template which displays a company logo that will point to that company's website when clicked.

It's nothing more complicated than <a href="(company url)" target ="_blank" img src ="(images folder)" etc etc etc.... </a>

One of my advertisers has decided that they only want their advert to appear on the main page and not multiple pages so, my question is:

1. Is there a simple command I should put either side of this list of advertisers so that it will only appear on the main page or:

2. Would it be easier to rewrite this code in a different template and if so, which one??

I'm not a complete novice at this sort of thing but I do need a little help please! Many thanks!
INDEX TEMPLATE ADDITION:
- Admin CP --> Templates & Styles --> Templates --> your current template set --> Index Page Templates --> index
- Add your code to the index template underneath {$header} or where ever you wish it to show up.