MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems Accessing ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have version 1.8. I cannot access ACP at all. When I try, it goes to a blank page. I don't remember changing anything or doing something else. I can access my forum just fine, but when I click on my userpic and choose ACP nothing happens. MY domain name is hiddlestonland.com
This usually happens when you have an error in one of the PHP files. Some web hosts configure PHP not to display errors (my server does this), and simply displays a white page instead.

There is a way to get the page to display errors anyway, which is very helpful if you're trying to get to the root of the problem. However, did you recently add a plugin or try to update MyBB, or otherwise upload something new? This is the usual cause for this sort of issue.

If not, try copy/pasting this into the top of your index.php in the admin directory, and paste what you get. Make sure you post this after the <?php line or it won't work:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL); 

This enables PHP to display the errors that occur instead of displaying a white page.
haven't you got it fixed earlier ? what caused it at that time ?
https://community.mybb.com/thread-226233.html
(2020-02-13, 03:52 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]This usually happens when you have an error in one of the PHP files. Some web hosts configure PHP not to display errors (my server does this), and simply displays a white page instead.

There is a way to get the page to display errors anyway, which is very helpful if you're trying to get to the root of the problem. However, did you recently add a plugin or try to update MyBB, or otherwise upload something new? This is the usual cause for this sort of issue.

If not, try copy/pasting this into the top of your index.php in the admin directory, and paste what you get. Make sure you post this after the <?php line or it won't work:

error_reporting(E_ALL); 

This enables PHP to display the errors that occur instead of displaying a white page.

(2020-02-13, 04:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]haven't you got it fixed earlier ? what caused it at that time ?

Thank you Darth Apple and M. I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I never had a forum until now so I'm a little wet behind the ears.

(2020-02-13, 05:20 AM)jackieandtodd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-13, 03:52 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]This usually happens when you have an error in one of the PHP files. Some web hosts configure PHP not to display errors (my server does this), and simply displays a white page instead.

error_reporting(E_ALL); 

(2020-02-13, 04:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]haven't you got it fixed earlier ? what caused it at that time ?

Thank you Darth Apple and M. I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I never had a forum until now so I'm a little wet behind the ears.

@Darth I forgot to answer your question about plugins. I may have, not sure.
^ to check the issue, you may PM me your login credentials belonging to your webhost control panel (hostinger)
you can change your password later

error_reporting(E_ALL); 

error_reporting(E_ALL); 

Hey Darth, I did what you recommended and i still get a blank page.

@Darth I forgot to answer your question about plugins. I may have, not sure.
^ to check the issue, you may PM me correct login credentials of your web host account (email id & password)
of course, later you can change your login password.