MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments missing after merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've now run the merge once as a dry run and found that a horrendous amount of attachments were missing and of course all the thumbs for those attachments. All tte newest are missing but the oldest seem to be successfully merged.

The second run was no better and I saved the report 7.7 MB. Below this are the errors (too large to post all) but a sample.

Any suggestions how this can be fixed?

Attachments:
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 935)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1246)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1509)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1511)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1595)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1596)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1662)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1668)
  • Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1684)

Modules
The following modules from this converter were completed:
  • Database Configuration
  • Usergroups
  • Users
  • Forums
  • Forum Permissions
  • Threads
  • Polls
  • Poll Votes
  • Private Messages
  • Settings
  • Calendar Events
  • Attachments
Import Statistics
The MyBB import system imported the following from your copy of vBulletin 4:
User Groups 6 Users 6,566 Forums 67 Forum Permissions 83 Moderators 0 Threads 40,535 Posts 91,433 Attachments 224,464 Polls 52 Poll Votes 4,992 Private Messages 3,885 Events 17 Settings 58

I've checked the uploads folder and its huge.
sorry, getting attachments from the other system had been a complex task. can't easily
trace the cause for missing attachments unless someone devotes good amount of time for it ...
Maybe you should check the attachments in your VBB instance by the given attachment IDs. It's highly possible that the files of those attachments are missing in your old VBB forum, since there are also successfully imported attachments.

Anyway, so many causes would result in attachment missing in an import. If you can confirm those missing files are correctly stored in your VBB instance, you'd better have someone look into it.
Thanks. All the attachments are there and working on VB I'll do some comparisons though and post back the results. I'll also do a file count on both boards directories and see whats there.

I do have a question if you don't mind. Is it possible to run the attachment import in reverse order so the newest get imported first?
(2020-02-15, 05:06 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you should check the attachments in your VBB instance by the given attachment IDs. It's highly possible that the files of those attachments are missing in your old VBB forum, since there are also successfully imported attachments.

Anyway, so many causes would result in attachment missing in an import. If you can confirm those missing files are correctly stored in your VBB instance, you'd better have someone look into it.
(2020-02-16, 03:28 PM)Seeker-Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. All the attachments are there and working on VB  I'll do some comparisons though and post back the results. I'll also do a file count on both boards directories and see whats there.

I do have a question if you don't mind. Is it possible to run the attachment import in reverse order so the newest get imported first?

VB's attachment storing is a bit complex. If you're familiar with PHP scripting, I think you may troubleshooting your issue by starting from how attachment paths are generated in here:
https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...s.php#L191
... and about importing attachment files in here:
https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...s.php#L250

Yes, you could adjust the SQL query to meet your requirement. For VB4's attachments import module, see from here:
https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...ts.php#L64
Many thanks. I'll have a look and let you know.
Okay, yes I'm still working on this. Toungue 

In a reply this was suggested.

Quote:Yes, you could adjust the SQL query to meet your requirement. For VB4's attachments import module, see from here:

Any suggestions as to what field might be best to do the "order by"?
(2020-02-28, 06:01 PM)Seeker-Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, yes I'm still working on this. Toungue 

In a reply this was suggested.

Quote:Yes, you could adjust the SQL query to meet your requirement. For VB4's attachments import module, see from here:

Any suggestions as to what field might be best to do the "order by"?

Sorry I don't have a VBB forum, so don't know its database table structures. If you'd like to share a database dump (with dummy data records, and of course without sensitive data), it could be much easier to help you. You may PM me here or find me in MyBB's Discord server (same username @noyle).