MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thumbs Post Rating Not Clickable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Thanks for this beautiful plugin.

After installing it, i noticed that i am not able to click on the "thumbs up" button.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

[attachment=42574]

[attachment=42575]

And could you make it in the way that the icons aren't normal png but fontawesome icons?
(2020-02-14, 08:56 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

After installing it, i noticed that i am not able to click on the "thumbs up" button.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

And could you make it in the way that the icons aren't normal png but fontawesome icons?

I currently am busy but a couple questions, are these your own threads? Cuz you have self rating disabled, secondly have you simply tried removing 0 and inputting gid # like default as that will work until I get time to look at this, thirdly, is this the highly modified cracking soul?  havent the time to look yet but I will have a look when I get some free time though. Fourthly, ok so you want the plugin converted to font awesome, or you simply want to overwrite the existing css so as to use fontawesome? anyhoo let me know and hopefully I will get some free time to look at this soon.
(2020-02-14, 11:35 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you please help?

Thanks.

I currently am busy but a couple questions, are these your own threads? Cuz you have self rating disabled, secondly have you simply tried removing 0 and inputting gid # like default as that will work until I get time to look at this, thirdly, is this the highly modified cracking soul?  havent the time to look yet but I will have a look when I get some free time though. Fourthly, ok so you want the plugin converted to font awesome, or you simply want to overwrite the existing css so as to use fontawesome? anyhoo let me know and hopefully I will get some free time to look at this soon.
Yeah, i tried it with default settings too, like putting 2,3,4,5,6 ecc and i am not trying to rate my own posts and yeah my site is highly modified one. Big Grin

Important for me is to use fontawesome, no matter if i have to overwrite the CSS or viceversa!

Thankyou.
(2020-02-15, 11:45 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-14, 11:35 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Yeah, i tried it with default settings too, like putting 2,3,4,5,6 ecc and i am not trying to rate my own posts and yeah my site is highly modified one. Big Grin

Important for me is to use fontawesome, no matter if i have to overwrite the CSS or viceversa!

Thankyou.

Wait it isnt working with default settings? 2,3,4,6 cuz it should, 0 is the bug you pointed for that specific setting and removing 0 and using gids allows it to work at least it did for me for the quick second I glanced at it yesterday and when I have free time I will look into that issue, ok yeah, the css can be overwritten to use font-awesome icons instead and I will try to find some free time to do that and share it here, also it makes more sense to overwrite rather than modify the entire plug for fa and include an fa library with the plug because alot of folks do not use fa, what makes more sense is what I think I will do is remove primary css styelesheet and change it to attach a stylesheet per theme that way the user can modify theme specific ,then I can add a notatiin in plugin description with css to override it for font awesome 4 and also font awesome 5. Hopefully I will get some free time soon to do that.

Examples of it using a fa5 overwrite:

Adding this to your say global.css or adding an additional stylesheet say thumbs.css to your theme:

.tpr_box
{
	border: 1px solid #9a9a9a !important;
	background-color: #ffff !important;
        -webkit-border-radius: 3px !important;
        -moz-border-radius: 3px !important;
        border-radius: 3px !important;
}
.tu_stat
{
	color: #080 !important;
	font-size: small !important;
}
.td_stat
{
	color: #ff0000 !important;
	font-size: small !important;
}
.small
{
	font-size: xx-small !important;
}
.tpr_thumb
{
	display: block;
	width: 15px !important;
	height: 16px !important;
        font-size: 14px !important;
        font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free" !important;
        font-weight: 900 !important;
}
.tu1:before, .tu2:hover
{
       content: "\f164" !important;
       color: #080 !important;
       text-decoration: none !important;
}
.td0:before, .td2:before
{
       content: "\f165" !important;
       color: #ecbcb4 !important;
}
.tu0:before, .tu2:before
{
       content: "\f164" !important;
       color: #ecbcb4 !important;
}
.td1:before, .td2:hover {
       content: "\f165" !important;
       color: #ff0000 !important;
}
.tu1, .tu2:hover
{
       background: none !important
}
.td0, .td2
{
}
.tu0, .tu2
{
}
.td1, .td2:hover {
       background: none !important;
}

[Image: Screenshot-20200215-101838-Firefox.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot-20200215-101858-Firefox.jpg]
It is working using 2,3,4,5,6.

You are MAGIC!

Working fine with Fontawesome.

Thankyou.
(2020-02-15, 07:36 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]It is working using 2,3,4,5,6.

You are MAGIC!

Working fine with Fontawesome.

Thankyou.

Cool beans, glad you got it sorted out. I will still try to set some free time aside hopefully soon to correct issue you pointed out and also say add theme specific attached stylesheets like I talked about and overwrite instructions for fa 4 and fa 5 users.
Ok, so I am really limited on free time but I had a few minutes to modify it to remove primary stylesheet and instead have a stylesheet attached to each theme so that folks can rather than overwrite primary stylesheet simply modify the one attached to the theme.

Also added fa 4 and fa 5 usage instructions in documentation as follows:

Quote:So you want to use this plugin but your theme uses font awesome abd you would like to have the post thumbs also fontawesome icons?

ok, well first, find out if your theme uses font awesome 4 or 5 and then.....
Font Awesome 4:

Replace thumbpostrating.css with:
.tpr_box {
    border: 1px solid #9a9a9a;
    background-color: #ffff;
    -webkit-border-radius: 3px;
    -moz-border-radius: 3px;
    border-radius: 3px;
}

.tu_stat {
    color: #080;
    font-size: small;
}

.td_stat {
    color: #ff0000;
}

.small {
    font-size: xx-small;
}

.tpr_thumb {
    width: 15px;
    height: 16px;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-family: "FontAwesome";
}

.tu1:before,
.tu2:hover {
    content: "\f164";
    text-decoration: none;
}

.td0:before,
.td2:before {
    content: "\f165";
    color: #ecbcb4;
}

.tu0:before,
.tu2:before {
}

.td1:before,
.td2:hover {
}

Font Awesome 5:

Replace thumbpostrating.css with:
.tpr_box {
    border: 1px solid #9a9a9a;
    background-color: #ffff;
    -webkit-border-radius: 3px;
    -moz-border-radius: 3px;
    border-radius: 3px;
}

.tu_stat {
}

.td_stat {
}

.small {
    font-size: xx-small;
}

.tpr_thumb {
    width: 15px;
    height: 16px;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free";
    font-weight: 900;
}

.tu1:before,
.tu2:hover {
}

.td0:before,
.td2:before {
}

.tu0:before,
.tu2:before {
}

.td1:before,
.td2:hover {
}

Example of FA5 usage:

[Image: Screenshot-20200216-165700-Firefox.jpg]

Example of FA4 usage:

[Image: Screenshot-20200216-165854-Firefox.jpg]
[attachment=42581]

* I will try to find some free time hopefully soon to use my laptop and add this to the existing github repo and mods site for it as I am currently not on my laptop and did this quickly on my mobile phone.
Thanks a lot again.
(2020-02-17, 05:38 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot again.

Cool beans, and no worries. Big Grin  oh, it is now added to mods site page and github repo. Cool