MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum giving me a blank page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So,

1) I did upgrade a forum from 1.7 something to the latest 1.8.22.
2) Install the theme BootBB.
3) upgrade PHP from 5.x something to 7.3

after upgrading php forum giving me a white page. forum, control panel everything.

check latest entries of server error log. they should have a clue
[15-Feb-2020 14:06:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_validate_url() in /home/profit/public_html/global.php on line 397
[15-Feb-2020 16:11:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 'continue' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /home/profit/public_html/inc/plugins/akismet.php on line 512

These 2 errors multiple times.

Also, web server error logs

[2020-02-16 08:13:52]: uid: (510/profit) gid: (508/profit) cmd: redirect.cgi
re-upload functions.php file from inc folder of your downloaded MyBB package to inc folder of your web server

have you uninstalled plugins in earlier instance of your forum ?

you may have to downgrade php version to 7.2
Reuploaded the funtions.php

I think I did remove plugins in past.

Now PHP 7.2

Still blank page. ((
try renaming plugins folder as plugins_old and check if forum loads ..

if forum loads with above change then one (or more) of plugin files is (/are) causing the problem.
Yes. That did work. So I guess I have to deactivate all plugins and then enable one by one to see which one is the culprit ?

Thank You.

Problem seems to be in akismet plugin. I deleted the file and now it works.

When I renamed akismet.php No plugins shown in Admin CP > Plugins page.
Quote:... deactivate all plugins and then enable one by one to see which one is the culprit
yes, that should work.

or
create sub-folder named plugins in inc folder & move back plugin files & folders
from plugins_old - one by one & simultaneously refresh forum index to find the faulty ..
IIRC the Akismet plugin was dropped years ago, so you shouldn't use it at all. You should deactivate or uninstall it before deleting the file.
I touch this forum after 3 whole years. It was locked and just gathering dust. But I found 2 plugins automatically deactivated and saying not compatible with latest myBB version but this Akismet was not. It was with all active plugins.

Any good Alternatives for this plugin or for spam. It's been a while so I have no idea what's out there now.
Pages: 1 2