MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fa5 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought Lobos theme and installed Font awesome FA5 and now my icons looks like this
two times
[Image: sehun-exo-obsession-uhdpaper-com-4-K-7-4...mbnail.jpg]
(2020-02-17, 07:10 PM)Mastersly Wrote: [ -> ]I bought Lobos theme and installed Font awesome FA5 and now my icons looks like this
two times
[Image: sehun-exo-obsession-uhdpaper-com-4-K-7-4...mbnail.jpg]

Confused, because viewing your source the theme uses font awesome 4 and your plugin include is for fontawesome 4 so are you mistaken in saying fa5 issue? also did you revert the forumbit templates for that theme or do manual inserts like in the plugin existing fa themes installation instructions?

While not fully related, another quick thing I notice, are you sure the theme author claims this theme is up to date? because simply finding things like

forum_offlock, subforum_miniofflock etc etc makes me think one the css is outdated as well as perhaps the related templates  because the lock to close change happened several mybb versions ago, just something to look into same goes for threadstatus and related templates as your theme is using .thread_status[class*="lock"] and mybb has been using "close" for awhile now so if the the theme author sold you "current" theme, I would for sure hit misharnet up and point out that they need to provide you an update for current mybb versions as part of your already financially agreed upon transaction, also did the theme come for sale and purchased with the mybb copyright removed in footer?

as the mybb copyright should not be removed:

<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community.
					It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact,
					to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below,
					you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
				{$lang->powered_by} <a href="https://mybb.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="https://mybb.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">MyBB Group</a>.
				<!-- End powered by -->

As far as your duplicate icons, thats because your theme has forum icons styling in dark.css with !important and that is conflicting with the plugins !important override, comment out the forum overrides in dark.css

Comment out this in dark.css:

/*
.forum_status {
	font-size: 17px !important; 
	text-align: center;
	padding-top: 5px !important; 
}

.forum_status i {
	display: inline-block
}

.forum_on {
	color: #527fbd;
	font-size: 17px !important; 
	opacity: .8;
}

.forum_off, .forum_offlock, .forum_offlink {
	color: #527fbd;
}

.forum_off {
	opacity: 1;
}

.forum_on::before {
    font-family: 'FontAwesome';
    content: "\f07c";
}

.forum_off::before {
    content: "\f07b";
}

.forum_offlock:before {
	content: "\f023"
}

.forum_offlink:before {
	content: "\f0c1"
}

.ministatus {
	line-height: 2;
	padding-right: 0px;
	padding-left: 10px;
}

.ministatus .forum_on, .ministatus .forum_off, .ministatus .forum_offlock, .ministatus .forum_offlink {
	font-size: 16px !important; 
}

.subforumicon {
    height: 10px;
    width: 10px;
    margin: 0 10px 0 -7px;
   opacity: 1 !important; 
}

.subforum_minion {
	color: #434a56
}

.subforum_minioff, .subforum_miniofflock, .subforum_miniofflink {
	color: #434a56
}

.subforum_minioff {
	opacity: .4
}

.subforum_miniofflock i:before {
	content: "\f023"
}

.subforum_miniofflink i:before {
	content: "\f0c1"
}
*/

Example:
[Image: anonshare-eu-index-php.png]
I bought it here
https://www.codester.com/items/16376/lob...sive-theme
Theme issnt ready yet before i make some change.
I made some changes to subsforums and didn't fix it,i left it like this for tomorrow.
I didn't remove the copyright rights from the thme,it was like this but i am gonna add the too tomorrow.

About this thread,
I used fa5 at the beginning but then i uninstalled it to try fa4 if its works that why you dont see fa5 anymore.
Thanks for your help,i am gonna try it from my pc tomorrow
(2020-02-17, 11:51 PM)Mastersly Wrote: [ -> ]I bought it here
https://www.codester.com/items/16376/lob...sive-theme
Theme issnt ready yet before i make some change.
I made some changes to subsforums and didn't fix it,i left it like this for tomorrow.
I didn't remove the copyright rights from the thme,it was like this but i am gonna add the too tomorrow.

About this thread,
I used fa5 at the beginning but then i uninstalled it to try fa4 if its works that why you dont see fa5 anymore.
Thanks for your help,i am gonna try it from my pc tomorrow

Ok, that makes more sense, haha, anyhoo, yeah, I also replied to your sub forums issue thread also, while not really familar with this theme I do tend to read source really fast and can usually get a quick understanding of what is what.

Also note: if you do contact the author about the other issues I mentioned you might want to remind them that providing themes to clients whether paid or free with the mybb copyright removed subjects said clients unknowingly to possible denial of community support and is better form to sell and or provide the product with mybb copyright intact.
i remove that code but now there are no icons
(2020-02-18, 12:04 AM)Mastersly Wrote: [ -> ]i remove that code but now there are no icons

Did you add to your theme the attached stylesheet called myfontawesomeicons.css that the fa4 plugin uses ?

or the headerinclude that the fa4 plugin uses?

or follow the existing fa themes instructions for manual insert if you opted to not overwrite/revert the forumbit templates?

Because you said lobos theme and we have been discussing the existing lobos theme titled as lobos in your themeselector you have with the fa plugin headerinclude/existing plugin edits/installation steps and that is what I have been viewing, as yopu can obviously tell by the screenshots provided and now you are talking about the second copy you have without said include/existing plugin edits/installation steps and such called lobos responsive in your theme selector..., same themes just one had the edits, one does not?????!!!!!! of course applying edits based on the one the support provided based on the one with existing plugin edits will not produce the same results on a theme that has not the existing plugin edits/installation steps and is completely pointless to try and provide support in such a way, as you can see that is where perhaps the frustrating element comes when providing support to folks?

Also which one are you using, because it is rather frustrating and a huge waste of my limited free time and limited device battery life to look at one and see what you have there and then provide support based on what I am viewing only to find that the other one now does not have the edits or what not and that is the one you are now commenting about, just saying:

This one?
[Image: anonshare-eui36.png]

Or this one?
[Image: anonshare-eui39.png]
sorry for that, i just remove one theme,
now there is only one lobos theme,
i do what you told me but thera are no icons

my friend it was my fault,i got small screen on chrome and the icons didnt display. now with a bigger screen its better..
really sorry