MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing rating confirmation message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Default MyBB theme.

I want to get rid of the confirmation message after you give someone reputation points. I just want the members to be able to click on the points and then be returned to the page they were on automatically.

Is there a way to do this?

I tried going to the reputation templates and deleted the reputation_upvote template, but that still left a darkened screen and an X to click to get back to the page you were on. So I returned that template to its original form. Maybe that's only part of the process.

How do I do this?

This is the box I'm trying to get rid of:

Rating Updated

Quote:Your reputation rating has successfully been updated for this user.

And I want the members to be returned to their page after they vote.

Thank you for your time.

Smile
You would either have to modify the JavaScript for reps, or (and this is the easier option) just write your own JS that skips the modal and just sends the reputation through POST.

I'm at work, so I can't even give you pseudo code, but if you look in general.js at the current functionality, it shouldn't be so hard to skip the modal.

Once you have created the replacement method, just change the postbit template to refer to your function, eg. onclick="MyBB.reputation(131476,1343623); return false;" changes to onclick="yourFunction(131476,1343623); return false;"